1.    #1  
    My Verizon Pre Plus' hot spot stopped working the other day. The phone says its "on" and whatever device I have connected shows up but it will not tether. Did verizon do away with it (for free)?? I did download "freetether" so I guess it doesn't matter but I was just wondering if others have had the same experience.
    Mine does that a lot. Try renaming the network:

-Open MHS
    -Under "Network Info", tap the name of the network.
    -A dialog box will come up. Enter a new name & tap "Done".
    -Turn on the hotspot and connect. (remember, if you had it set to auto connect or had a password, you'll have to manually connect to the new network &/or input the password again.)

Anytime I find my connection is ultra slow or I have significant connection problems, this usually fixes it.

P.S. Sometimes tethering two computers with two different versions of Windows (i.e. XP and Vista) can cause connection issues. I don't know why, but it seems to happen.
    No problems with mine here - just tested with XP laptop and downloaded latest version of CCleaner using hotspot.

I have never seen the xp/vista/win7 issue mentioned either but I rarely have more than one OS connected at a time - it's rare for me to have more than one machine connected at a time.
    I've been using mine often this week with no interruptions. I've not installed freetether yet (may need to if I ever have to get a new device and lose the free hotspot.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you so much Katefields.... it totally worked when I renamed the network! Using it right now
    Great!
    I had the exact same issue, at about the exact same time. I have a Verizon Pre+, I use my free mobile hotspot all the time for my touchpad. Since I was thinking about getting a Pre2 I downloaded freetether a week or two ago, to see if it worked. Lo and behold my Verizon hotspot stopped working but freetether works just fine. I just assumed that freetether somehow broke the Verizon hotspot, but I didn't much care as freetether is working just fine.
    Sorry to hop on here, but Verizon started charging us for our hotspot last month with no apparent notice. Is everyone else still getting a free hotspot with their Palms?