Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have Palm Pre no idea minus or plus, but there's no trackball, there's nothing written on the back (slided up), there's 16gbs of storage, it has some orange keys like pre minus. There's installed webos 2.0.0. The serial number starts with AE not SN!! and yeah UNIT NOT FOR SALE!
    Palm service chat says that it's a demo device.
    Everything is okay but can i somehow install software on it? Everything works brilliant except Apps.
    Please help
    Sounds like a Pre2 to me. Maybe a trip to the doctor might help.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  3.    #3  
    @Sanjay
    The Pre 2 is more squarish then Pre Plus, the one i have is Pre Plus or kinda.
    BTW webosquickinstall is giving errors after installation, though everything just installs fine (confused)
    How to doctor the phone if it has no carrier and i don't the exact model?
    The fact that it has webOS 2.0.0 on it, sort of precludes it from being a Pre+ or Pre-. Although webOS 2.1.0 was made available in the UK and Germany for the Pre+ and therefore it is possible that it is a Pre+.

Question is, where did you get it from. The answer to that might give some clues.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  5.    #5  
    @Sanjay
    From Amazon.com
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Does the earpiece have a silver like cover? If so, it's the Pre plus. If there is just a gap for the ear piece, it's the Pre 2. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Uh, you asked palm, they said it was a demo unit. So it probably is one?
    davidg4781 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonb View Post
    Does the earpiece have a silver like cover? If so, it's the Pre plus. If there is just a gap for the ear piece, it's the Pre 2. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.
    if the display is curved plastic, it's a Pre +. If it is flat glass, it's a pre2. Just log in to palm.com/profile and it will tell you what it is.
  10.    #10  
    Ok this is DEMO unit. No one knows what model it is even palm.
    Can i somehow upgrade it to webOS 2.1?
    I tried meta-doctor but non of the carriers work maybe cause maybe phone has no carrier
    *** do i do now?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandrius View Post
    Ok this is DEMO unit. No one knows what model it is even palm.
    Can i somehow upgrade it to webOS 2.1?
    I tried meta-doctor but non of the carriers work maybe cause maybe phone has no carrier
    *** do i do now?
    Can you post a picture on these forums of the phone you have? I'm very curious.
  12.    #12  
    @yeah sure but tomorrow
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandrius View Post
    @yeah sure but tomorrow
    Okay. Thanks.
  14.    #14  
    Anyone can help in upgrading of my device?
    [QUOTE=methods;3188374]see what this tells you
    [url]
    I would do what this post says... Open the link and plug the device in via usb. The site should tell you what you have and which doctor to use.
  16.    #16  
    [QUOTE=matteebee13;3198381]
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    see what this tells you
    [url]
    I would do what this post says... Open the link and plug the device in via usb. The site should tell you what you have and which doctor to use.
    dude serial number doesn't match to any device. The real serial numbers starts with SN mine starts with AE!
    Even guys at palm couldn't help me with serial number thing
    Sorry, I seem to remember using a device checking site once provided by Palm that checked the device internally via usb connection. Let me attempt to locate that for you...
    You could try installing Govnah to see what the CPU clock speed is. And what does it say in Device Info> More info under model?
    Don't think this will help you but it might Webmaster Hack – How to Detect Palm Pre! | Palm Pre Hacks Blog!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You could try installing Govnah to see what the CPU clock speed is. And what does it say in Device Info> More info under model?
    Govnah shows 500mhz of cpu overclockable to 600mhz. P101UNA is model and my pc says it is Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast