Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Definitely a Pre+ then. Weird though, because not only was 2.x never officially released for most Pre+ devices, the Pre+ didn't have the orange key on the keyboard, only a white one.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Yes. It is a Pre plus. Don't understand the orange highlights on the keyboard though.
  3.    #23  
    I guess that it's Pre+ also because it has 16GBs of storage. But how do i upgrade it to webOS2.1? I want to install some patches and kernels
    You probably have to install it via the MetaDoc:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-doctor.html
    Read as much as possible. The MetaDoc can ignore/overwrite all kinds of checks, a "normal" doc would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonb View Post
    Yes. It is a Pre plus. Don't understand the orange highlights on the keyboard though.
    Probably an unlocked overseas version that someone put 2.0 on. AE probably stands for SN in some other language. Guessing it was purchased via Amazon marketplace and not from Amazon directly.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonb View Post
    If it's a demo or a prototype, it wouldn't be that unexpected for it to use non standard parts of parts cobbled together from pieces of previous revisions.

Anyway, if you post a pic, it should be obvious which version it was attempting to be. The Pre, Pre Plus and Pre 2 all have very distinctive features to differentiate them. Software wise is another matter...
  7.    #27  
    Here you are

It's a Pre + with a Sprint keyboard
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    It's a Pre + with a Sprint keyboard
    So what? How can this help me in doctoring?
    If you find the token file of the device that would help. Since it's a P101UNA, that translates to AT&T Pre Plus. Probably a development device for 2.0

I would suggest finding the tokens.txt file, and check what's missing, do a Meta-doctor.

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    If you find the token file of the device that would help. Since it's a P101UNA, that translates to AT&T Pre Plus. Probably a development device for 2.0

I would suggest finding the tokens.txt file, and check what's missing, do a Meta-doctor.

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals
    How or where can i find tokens.txt?
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandrius View Post
    How or where can i find tokens.txt?
    Instructions in that link.
    Where'd you get the phone from? If it's a prototype, it could be configured as anything. That's why the Pre+ look with a Pre- keyboard.
    Can you the back cover off and tell us if the phone has a SIM card slot?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Can you the back cover off and tell us if the phone has a SIM card slot?
    I'm sure that since he has it running, he knows whether the phone needs a SIM card to work without displaying the back of the phone. If it works without a SIM card, it's like... a CDMA phone?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12