1.    #1  
    I've probably hosed myself, but I had turned off the backup in the process of clearing out duplicate contacts. The contacts would not delete/stay deleted (only Palm Profile was on in contacts), so I did a chat with HP support.

The rep & I worked for hours trying different ways to get the contacts to go away till a partial erase was the last option. I forgot that backup was off and the partial erase was started but got stuck on the restart portion.

I then spent over 8 hours with 5 or more different reps (kept getting booted off chat) till the phone was finally doctored (back down to 1.4.5.1 from 2.1.0). The rep said my profile was empty of all the info and apps (many were paid apps) from the last 2+ yrs (but my TP info was still there).

I know I probably can't get my apps from the HP catalogue to show/come back up due to back up being off and the profile being empty, but am hoping someone might have a suggestion before I just accept it and go on. I would rather not have to re-buy apps if possible.

I reinstalled Preware, but none of my apps from there show up in the saved package list! Could it be due to not being in the same operating system (1.4.5.1 vs 2.1.0) as I had been? Might they show back up once I doctor the phone back to 2.1.0?

When I initally logged the TP into my profile, much of the apps and some data from the Pre+ tansferred over. Is it possible to reverse this, from TP to Pre+??

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions and remember to back up before you do anything radical... or stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I reinstalled Preware, but none of my apps from there show up in the saved package list! Could it be due to not being in the same operating system (1.4.5.1 vs 2.1.0) as I had been? Might they show back up once I doctor the phone back to 2.1.0?
    Nope.

The Preware apps don't go in your profile. That's what the Save/Restore app is for. You save your apps with Save/Restore, copy the data from you "USB Drive" that shows when you cable your device to your computer and then afterwards you can copy the data back and restore with Save/Restore. If you erased the user data without backing it up - it's gone. But at least it doesn't cost you anything to re-install the Preware Apps and that goes very quickly on a wifi connection.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    When you log into your profile, didn't it give you the option of choosing to restore from either your phone's profile or the TP's? Or does that only work when you're restoring a TP?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    Nope.

The Preware apps don't go in your profile. That's what the Save/Restore app is for. You save your apps with Save/Restore, copy the data from you "USB Drive" that shows when you cable your device to your computer and then afterwards you can copy the data back and restore with Save/Restore. If you erased the user data without backing it up - it's gone. But at least it doesn't cost you anything to re-install the Preware Apps and that goes very quickly on a wifi connection.
    Well, the last time I copied my data over to my computer was... longer than I care to admit. Live and learn on that.

However, after reinstalling Preware, my saved package list was empty, nothing, zilch. Even after a restart it's empty. This makes me think that since I "went down" to 1.XX via the doctor my apps may not show as most are for 2.XX and when I "go back up", they may show up again (fingers crossed). So, till then I guess I'll have to peruse the apps and see what grabs my attention this time.

Thanks
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    When you log into your profile, didn't it give you the option of choosing to restore from either your phone's profile or the TP's? Or does that only work when you're restoring a TP?
    I didn't get that option, but I had also turned off the backup on the phone and that erases its backup in the cloud so that may be why I didn't get it as nothing was there for the phone to use. Maybe I'll get a surprise when I doctor back to 2.1.0

Thanks
  6.    #6  
    I've just doctored to get my Pre+ back to 2.1.0 and it looks like all my apps from the App Catalog are being reinstalled!!! After they're done, will see if Preware will do the same for those apps.

Looks like my 1.XX profile being empty was due to my going to 2.XX so nothing was in it when I had to reinstall the 1.XX webOS and now that I'm back to 2.XX, my stuff is still there!!

And, so far, no duplicate contacts as well. Fingers crossed for this and my apps.