Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Do you all think that with sprints new data change coming up, it will hurt freetether users. I know I use about 8gb data a month on freetether. I'm hoping that with freetether, I won't be charged the extra after 5gb.
    what are the changes? 8gb is a lot of data.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    The rumor is on october 2, they are going to cap all data plans to 5gb, then charge 5 cents a mb after. I guess no more streaming tv shows and movies.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Here is what's on sprints activation of a new phone terms

3G Usage: Includes 5GB or 2GB of data usage. Add'l data usage $0.05/MB. 3G Usage Limitation: Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred, and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (1) 5GB or 2GB/month in total or (2) 300 MB or 100 MB/month while off-network roaming. 1,024 KB equal 1 MB. 1,024 MB equal 1 GB. 3G Data Usage Limitation does not apply to 4G usage. No plan discounts apply. Other Terms: Coverage not available everywhere. The Sprint 3G network (including roaming) reaches over 272 million people. Offers not available in all markets/retail locations or for all phones/networks. Pricing, offer terms, fees & features may vary for existing customers not eligible for upgrade. Other restrictions apply. See store or Sprint.com for details. 2011 Sprint. Sprint and the logo are trademarks of Sprint. Android, Google, the Google logo and Android Market are trademarks of Google Inc. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    I'm hoping that with freetether, I won't be charged the extra after 5gb.
    If they start charging for data over 5GB, why would you think freetether would somehow prevent the extra charges?

We're fortunate to have freetether but I believe it's always been a violation of Sprint's terms of service. You're supposed to pay extra for tethering and I'm sure Sprint's hoping that their changes in service *do* hit people in the wallet that tether unapproved. Heck, it's probably the people that abuse tethering that forced Sprint to drop the unlimited plan.

Personally it's the off-network roaming changes and charges that concerns me most.