1.    #1  
    This morning my phone was functioning as normal, then suddenly started telling me I had no network connection to my wireless provider. I tried restarting, pulling battery etc. to no avail. Tried a hard reset, but when I tried entering my Palm Profile credentials, it still gives me a "no network" error. There's no 3G indicator, but the bars fluctuate indicating signal strength. I tried Verizon's phone support, but they couldn't figure anything out. They had me go into service menus to check the network settings. Apparently, they all checked out fine. Any ideas as to why I can't place a call or login? Could the cellular radio be dead?
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pschmutzler View Post
    This morning my phone was functioning as normal, then suddenly started telling me I had no network connection to my wireless provider. I tried restarting, pulling battery etc. to no avail. Tried a hard reset, but when I tried entering my Palm Profile credentials, it still gives me a "no network" error. There's no 3G indicator, but the bars fluctuate indicating signal strength. I tried Verizon's phone support, but they couldn't figure anything out. They had me go into service menus to check the network settings. Apparently, they all checked out fine. Any ideas as to why I can't place a call or login? Could the cellular radio be dead?
    my bet is on a dead radio, ive had that happen with verizon when i use to have a crackberry. the radio would work when it wanted to and that was 2% of the time. verizon should be able to replace it for you as long as its still under warranty, thats what they did for me.
    If you dont want voice dial, do this in terminal

novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot