Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chrish
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    My Droid2 is pretty much dead. I looked around for my best bet for an off contract smart phone (until Verizon comes out with something I want to upgrade to) and decided to try out WebOS. I know the hardware isn't as strong but that's not a terribly big concern of mine. The major concern of mine is what will I be missing out on?

1) GPS - The Android free GPS is amazing. Does WebOS have an alternative?

2) Contacts - When I would reimage my Android devices all of my contacts would sync through my google account. Is this possible with WebOS?

3) I know the Pre Plus does not come with a Micro SD card but does it have a slot for one?
    yes

yes

no
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yes

yes

no

Thanks for the response.

Can you give me the name of the GPS app? Everything on google is saying to use VZNav which is an ugly $10 a month.
    I also am coming from a droid 2 to the pre world. I highly suggest a pre2 but if the pre plus is what you can get, then that's good still.

my contacts transferred fine, just make sure to back up on ur droid first.
    As previously mentioned, the Pre 2 is a much, much, much better experience compared to the Pre +.

It really is worth $50 more.

If one just needed some kind of webos phone, the Pixi is a steal at $40USD shipped.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I personally am not a big fan of the pre 2. It's just slightly bigger and bulkier then the pre +. I just love the form factor of the pre +, but everyone is different. My pre- overclocked to 1ghz, was just as fast as the pre 2. I hated the android huge brick phones.
    Your not going to find a good alternate to Navigation on Android for webOS without paying the monies. And the Pre Plus on Verizon is horrible apparently from the post on here.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    koolkid, wheres the post about the pre+. I'm sure everyone has had their own experiences with the pre-, pre+, good and bad. I like the pre- too, except for the limited storage. The pre- does everything I need it to do. I mainly use it as a phone, and tethering and it does an awesome job. Lately I've been putting movies on it, but run out of space quick, that's why I like the pre+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    koolkid, wheres the post about the pre+. I'm sure everyone has had their own experiences with the pre-, pre+, good and bad. I like the pre- too, except for the limited storage. The pre- does everything I need it to do. I mainly use it as a phone, and tethering and it does an awesome job. Lately I've been putting movies on it, but run out of space quick, that's why I like the pre+.
    I didn't mean to say the phone was horrible. I meant the GPS on it was.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
    your on verizon and can get the pre 2... Do it!!!!!

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I appreciate the suggestions for the Pre 2 but this is more of a "hold me over" phone because i'm in a gray area between my Droid 2 and my next long term phone (as soon as it comes out on Verizon).
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    As already said, there is no free GPS navigation app for webOS. I know from my own experience that your Google contacts will sync nicely. Sadly, no microSD card slot in the pre+.

Speaking as to the GPS on the Pre+, I had a tough time getting mine to lock on and stay locked, despite the various methods and patches. My android is leaps and bounds better in the GPS dept.