Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bs03
  1.    #1  
    I have a Pre Plus coming in Tuesday or Wednesday. I want to be up to speed as soon as it arrives. I've been looking but I haven't found it yet. Is there a thread that explains how to upgrade to the latest available OS for the phone. Thanks in advanced.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    The last official version is 1.4.5. That is an OTA (over the air) update. To get it all you have to do is run the Updates app (it looks like a present).
    If you want to go up to WebOS 2, you will have to doctor it. WebOS Internals has a good page about this, (WebOS 2 Upgrade).
    It depends on your needs and tech level.

All though it isn't popular here, my Pre+ is running 1.4.5 with patches. I had it set up doing everything I needed before 2.0 came out. I believe in "don't mess with what's working".
    1jaxstate1 likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info and quick reply. I'll play with the Pre for a day or two and decide if I want to upgrade to 2.0 or not. I'm pretty tech savvy, I've updated many WM and Android devices. I'll have to check to make sure that tutorial is still valid.
    Last edited by 1jaxstate1; 09/26/2011 at 06:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I got a Palm Pre Plus (UK / O2) and i upgrade it to WebOS 2.1 by using the WebOSDoctor that released for German Palm Pre Plus by Palm with no need to go with metadoctor or ...
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

If you got an AT&T Palm Pre Plus then to upgrade to WebOS 2.1 you need to go with Metadoctor.
  5.    #5  
    I got the AT&T Pre Plus. Seems like a fairly complicated process to hack upgrade a phone. Oh well.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    It's a learning experience.
  7.    #7  
    Guess I'll do a comparison and see if it's really worth the trouble. I use linux and Windows, so that part won't be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by breNTx22 View Post
    Yeah, that's one way to put it!
  9.    #9  
    Doesn't seem it would be that bad if there was a way to know if that wiki is still valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by breNTx22 View Post