Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By luigidk
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I've been running Webos 2.1 on my Pre- for some time.

I also have quite a few patches installed, running UberKernel also...

Lately I've had to redoctor my device 2x as it just reboots and never finishes the boot. Prior to that happening - I've had periods where the screen is unresponsive - seems like something is running in the background and it is just soooo slooooooooooow.

With my latest redoctor to 2.1.0 - I decided to leave off all patches and kernels...

My issues seem to have gone away....

Anyone else have a similar experience?? Any particular patch or Kernel that I could zero in on?

I've wondered if going back to 1.4.5 would be better - but so far 2.1.0 w/o patches and overclocking seems to be very stable.
    I experienced on my Pre -, always with others kernels (like Uber or Delta Dagger or Harrier), that my Pre rebooted randomly after some time, for the rest I liked the alternative kernels, though spontaneous rebooting not, so I am on standard again

I raised the swap to 32 MB with compcache on

Still some processes (for example the Phone Process shows 1015 nodes now, view this with the jstop tool) are growing in memory size due to something (probably not enough memory to finish things), and then I have to reboot

So once in 3-5 days have to reboot because of unresponsiveness (standard kernel, WebOS 2.1.0)

For the rest I am very happy!

:-)
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hw101trx View Post
    I experienced on my Pre -, always with others kernels (like Uber or Delta Dagger or Harrier), that my Pre rebooted randomly after some time, for the rest I liked the alternative kernels, though spontaneous rebooting not, so I am on standard again

I raised the swap to 32 MB with compcache on

Still some processes (for example the Phone Process shows 1015 nodes now, view this with the jstop tool) are growing in memory size due to something (probably not enough memory to finish things), and then I have to reboot

So once in 3-5 days have to reboot because of unresponsiveness (standard kernel, WebOS 2.1.0)

For the rest I am very happy!

:-)
    I have gone back to 1.4.5 - and my Pre- is much more stable. I think it performs better also.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I tried both Pre - and Pre +
    its all about RAM, Pre - has 256MB and its not good to run webos 2.1 ... its better to use webos 1.4.5 with pre -

Pre plus has 512MB and can handle webos 2.1 very well