1.    #1  
    i use to be on the verizon network with my pre+ then moved to the pre2 (which i already sold)
    i just recently went to sprint and got the samsung epic 4g.
    well to make a long story short, i broke my epic and i have no insurance.
    since i have been on verizon for the last 4 years, i did not have a back up phone for sprint. I do, however, have several verizon phones, including my pre+.
    i ended up buying a moto q from a friend for $10 and im stuck with that....its horrible.
    i would rather much use a pre than this really outdated motorola.
    i read up on frankenpre, but it seems like i need to already have a sprint pre activated, which i dont have. is that the only way to get my verizon pre+ working on sprint?

thanks in advance
    Blackberry 7100t> Moto Q> LG Dare> Blackberry Storm> Moto Droid> Moto Droid2> Palm Pre+> Palm Pre2
    Yup. You can find one as cheap as possible on Craig's list or ebay (just make sure you can at least activate it). Then follow the steps on the webOS Internals wiki to create a Sprint Pre +. It's a bit more complicated than the Pre 2 as it involves extracting tokens and creating a custom meta doctor, but as always Internals makes the steps super simple and easy to follow. Oh, and don't forget to donate to webOS Internals when you are done. This site and webOS Internals are full of helpful people if you need support or get stuck on any of the steps. Good luck! (I personally recommend a Pre 2 if you can afford it; well worth it!)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Yup. You can find one as cheap as possible on Craig's list or ebay (just make sure you can at least activate it). Then follow the steps on the webOS Internals wiki to create a Sprint Pre +. It's a bit more complicated than the Pre 2 as it involves extracting tokens and creating a custom meta doctor, but as always Internals makes the steps super simple and easy to follow. Oh, and don't forget to donate to webOS Internals when you are done. This site and webOS Internals are full of helpful people if you need support or get stuck on any of the steps. Good luck! (I personally recommend a Pre 2 if you can afford it; well worth it!)
    thank you.
    yes i prefer a pre2 as well, but i first need a pre working on sprint then move onto doing the frankenpre.
    Blackberry 7100t> Moto Q> LG Dare> Blackberry Storm> Moto Droid> Moto Droid2> Palm Pre+> Palm Pre2
  4.    #4  
    i also looked thru CG and found very few here in san diego. cheapest one was 70. anyone have an extra sprint pre for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by jalexmontes View Post
    i also looked thru CG and found very few here in san diego. cheapest one was 70. anyone have an extra sprint pre for free?
    selling mine for $50 with lots of extra's
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  6.    #6  
    one last question, is the sprint original pre better, worse, or the same as the palm pre+?
    Quote Originally Posted by jalexmontes View Post
    i use to be on the verizon network with my pre+ then moved to the pre2 (which i already sold)
    i just recently went to sprint and got the samsung epic 4g.
    well to make a long story short, i broke my epic and i have no insurance.
    since i have been on verizon for the last 4 years, i did not have a back up phone for sprint. I do, however, have several verizon phones, including my pre+.
    i ended up buying a moto q from a friend for $10 and im stuck with that....its horrible.
    i would rather much use a pre than this really outdated motorola.
    i read up on frankenpre, but it seems like i need to already have a sprint pre activated, which i dont have. is that the only way to get my verizon pre+ working on sprint?

thanks in advance
    Pre + is way better than the pre-. I just Frankenpre'd and I can tell you the pre 2 is 100 times better than either the pre - or +. I'll open to selling if you are interested!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkavic View Post
    Pre + is way better than the pre-. I just Frankenpre'd and I can tell you the pre 2 is 100 times better than either the pre - or +. I'll open to selling if you are interested!
    yea i use to have the pre2 on verizon. i was in love. but the my monthly bill from verizon was leaving me broke (averaging $150 a month) so i sold the phone and switched over to sprint. and since the whole announcement from HP dropping the production of phones, i went back to android devices.
    now it seems like webOS would best suite me til i find a replacement phone. dont know which phone or OS i would end up with but for the time being til i save up money, i need to find a sprint pre.

i would love to purchase a pre2 from you. but finances are tight. can you pm me with a price you are looking at?