1.    #1  
    Earlier this week my launch day Sprint Pre stopped charging or being able to make and receive calls/texts. It served me well for 2 years and 3 months, but sadly I have to move on being there are no other Sprint WebOS phones available. I'm not sure what to get but I can't wait any longer since I need my phone for work.

Do anyone have any suggestions for me? Anything at all?
    wait a few weeks until sprint gets the iphone. Even if you don't keep it you will get the best resale able while you track down a frankenPre2 or whatever.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    wait a few weeks until sprint gets the iphone. Even if you don't keep it you will get the best resale able while you track down a frankenPre2 or whatever.
    I need a new phone ASAP, also I really don't like the iPhone so I can't wait a few weeks.
    +1 on a FrankenPre2. You can always pull the Comm board from your Pre- and swap it into a Pre2.
    May you Palm Pre rest in peace, my 2 year, 4 month old Pre is still going strong, no issues yet. Just ordered a new Mugen 1400 battery for it (my 2 year old Mugen is starting to fade), hey maybe I'll get 3 years out of my Pre
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    +1 on a FrankenPre2. You can always pull the Comm board from your Pre- and swap it into a Pre2.
    How does that work? And sprint isn't going to have a problem with me using a phone they don't sell?
    I'm on Sprint using the FrankenPre2 with absolutely no problems. You can either swap the comm boards yourself, or there are a couple of members here who do it for a small fee. You can send the phones to them, they do the work, and can overnight them back to you if you wish.

http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...e-service.html
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm on Sprint using the FrankenPre2 with absolutely no problems. You can either swap the comm boards yourself, or there are a couple of members here who do it for a small fee. You can send the phones to them, they do the work, and can overnight them back to you if you wish.

http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...e-service.html
    Does the Sprint Nav work on the FrankenPre 2?
    There is a way to get sprint nav on a frankenpre 2. But a stock frankenpre 2 doesn't come with any of the sprint apps out the gate. So TV, Nas, etc have to be added if you want them.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Mine went at 1 year, 9 months... cracked screen. My short term fix was a Pixi (which I'm usung right now). Not the ideal solution, but it allowed me to stay with Palm and Sprint.

However, I just took the dive and bought an ATT Pre 3. There's a bunch of them on eBay (along with Euro Pre 3s), and the prices are coming down at least a bit. Most everyone on here with one has good things to say. It also helps to have a wonderful wife who said "Ooh, can I pay for half of it as a birthday present for you?!" :-)

I agree with the others that a FrankenPre2 is a good option, but if you're willing to ditch Sprint (and BTW, I have only good things to say about Sprint) and have the money (or are married to someone who does!), consider a Pre 3 on eBay.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    There is a way to get sprint nav on a frankenpre 2. But a stock frankenpre 2 doesn't come with any of the sprint apps out the gate. So TV, Nas, etc have to be added if you want them.
    Hi, how do I add Sprint TV to a FrankenPre2 on Sprint?
    Thanks!
    hey userengel, I recently got me a Motorola Photon, I still miss using webOS, but the Photon is a great phone, especially if you need a world phone. Anyway, I'm still a webOS user since I have my "PalmPad" for my daily webOS fix
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif