Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Well it seems that my pre+ on VZW is finally circling the drain. It keeps registering phantom touches. I've tried resetting it and everything but the issue persists which leads me to believe it's a hardware issue. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm due for an upgrade on the 26th and not sure what to do. Previously I was for sure going to get the pre 3 but now that's a non-starter. I could get a pre 2 but that's just asking for 2 years of frustration on an OS on life support. I hate android so I'm currently leaning towards waiting for the iphone 5 but I fear the loss of a physical keyboard. Oh well, maybe I can find an old motorola starTAC on ebay. At least I got a fire sale TouchPad so I can get my webOS fix.

Long live palm!
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
    The phantom touches could be caused by your charger. Have you started using a new one recently? I notice it happens most with my cheapy car chargers.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Nope. I've just been using my regular old touchstone. It happens both on and off the 'stone. The worst part is that it manages to get past the lockscreen too.
    There is a thread on here called "Palm Pre touching itself" which, although a lengthy read, will probably help. Just sŤarch fr it.
    (Srry, kybrd is dying.}
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help. I just gave it a good shot of iKlear and wiped it down well and now al seems normal again.
    Definitely read the thread mentioned. My experience with the Pre+ seemed to correlate with heat and humidity. Had to stop using the TouchStone until I got a replacement. It will get better for a couple days, then likely worse, sorry to say.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I read the thread mentioned. On a lark I gave the screen a good blast of iKlear and whiped it off and all seems fine now. I feel silly for not trying this earlier, though I had cleaned the screen but without some sort of cleaning solution.