1.    #1  
    hi all. Is there anyway someone can provide me a noob-proof guide to disable firmware update? I have 2.1 on pre plus and got a 1.4.5 update notification. It screwed me up once and I had to redoctor . I found the link but not sure how to do it?

I have window so do I download ubuntu? And do I connect the phone to computer and type up those command on the terminal thing and it will work? Can I have a guide please :-)

Blocking Updates
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JanJan View Post
    hi all. Is there anyway someone can provide me a noob-proof guide to disable firmware update? I have 2.1 on pre plus and got a 1.4.5 update notification. It screwed me up once and I had to redoctor . I found the link but not sure how to do it?

I have window so do I download ubuntu? And do I connect the phone to computer and type up those command on the terminal thing and it will work? Can I have a guide please :-)

Blocking Updates
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-doctor.html this does what your asking, its a pretty simple process just copy and paste.
    If you dont want voice dial, do this in terminal

novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
  3.    #3  
    do i need to run the device specific metadoctor script? i have att pre plus so do i copy and paste this?
    ./scripts/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0

what i tried so far is open terminal, type cd /usr/bin and get to that directory. but when i type: mount -o remount,ro /
    i get: mount: only root can do that

how do i go about from there? thank you so much!
  4.    #4  
    bump
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    do steps 4-7 on here for linux > Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals , once your done with step 7 go into the makefile and uncheck the options you wanna add then save. when thats done run the script for your device and carrier (./scripts/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0)

mount -o remount,rw /
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
  6.    #6  
    hi thanks so much. my question is after i uncomment the DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON, then run the ./scripts/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0, will it redoctor my phone?
    (meaning that will i lose all the data?...im actually not so fuss about losing data but logging into palm profile is a headache for me because i need to borrow a sim card that has internet on it... thanks!)

what im trying to do is from here http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki...edirected=true
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JanJan View Post
    hi thanks so much. my question is after i uncomment the DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON, then run the ./scripts/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0, will it redoctor my phone?
    (meaning that will i lose all the data?...im actually not so fuss about losing data but logging into palm profile is a headache for me because i need to borrow a sim card that has internet on it... thanks!)

what im trying to do is from here Blocking Updates
    you should be good with uncommenting the update daemon in meta-doctor but if you wanna play it safe you can follow the directions in the link you provided. ive always used the meta-doctor for that and never had a problem.

mount -o remount,rw /
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot