Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I just got an Airave, and due to Internet problems, it was unstable, so I turned it off. Now, both my Pre and my wife's will not show either an EV nor a 1x for data. Whenever I try to use Internet, it warns me that I have no data connection. I called Sprint, and they had me do a network update which should not have worked without data, but it did. So, according to Sprint, both of our Pres have data connection, but they think they do not, so they do not allow us to use Internet, even though they could.

WiFi works, but does anyone know how I can convince the Pres that they do actually have a data connection?

I have tried turning data off and on again, re-boot, battery pull, network update, and PRL update (both successful), but they still think they have no data connection.

Out of ideas here...
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I have a some trouble with that too, particularly when roaming on the Verizon network.

Try changing the connection from Hybrid Rev A to 1XRTT or just reselect the Hybrid Rev A and reset the radio. Sometimes this works.

To reset the mode, dial ##3836#
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    I have a some trouble with that too, particularly when roaming on the Verizon network.

Try changing the connection from Hybrid Rev A to 1XRTT or just reselect the Hybrid Rev A and reset the radio. Sometimes this works.

To reset the mode, dial ##3836#
    OK, when I switch to 1XRTT, I get 1X data immediately, but when I switch back to Hybrid, I go back to no data. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    OK, when I switch to 1XRTT, I get 1X data immediately, but when I switch back to Hybrid, I go back to no data. Any ideas?
    Nope. Sometimes mine works, sometimes not.

Its frustrating.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I'm been having the same problem since I've had my Pre+ ( about a year and a half). When it's really bad the phone goes into "emergency mode" and won't exit until the battery is pulled. When it's not so bad a modem reset does the trick. The odd thing is the phone works great if I leave the keyboard half open.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Well, whatever it was, it seems to have gone away. I'm approaching 24 hours of uninterrupted EV service on both Pres (and I discovered that our old Treo was not receiving data while this was going on either, so it looks like the Airave issue was just a coincidence).
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    My problems appear when I am on 1XRTT roaming on Verizon from Sprint.

I suspect the problem is reluctance to provide data service on Verizon's part. Changing the modem type seems to reconnect to Verizon's data services sometimes.

The problem is NOT signal strength since I have a good to excellent Verizon signal when I need to roam (at work).