Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I'm on sprint with palm- and was wondering if a pre+ would be worth it to upgrade too or should I try to get a pre2. I guess I'm wondering how much better the pre+ would be over the pre-, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Get a Pre2. It is a much better device that the Pre+.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I have a Palm Pre plus and was wondering whether it was logical to purchase a Pre 2 for backup. I am aware that there are other factors but could you give me a little help? Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Hopefully I can find a pre2 for a decent price.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Well looks like I'm going to be picking up a used pre 2 for $75. From the pictures it looks to be in great shape, just minor use around the outer edges. The screen looks great though.
    I've been trying to read up on how to do the frankenpre, but I'm having problems. I have a windows 7 ultimate x64 laptop, and installed virtualbox. I installed ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386, on the virtual box, but I'm stuck on what to do. I can use webos on my desktop to install and remove programs, but confused on how and what to install on the virtual box. Would it be easier to install ubuntu as a dual boot option?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Lucky you, I have tried to find a pre 2 at a good price they are all ebay prices, high. Have you looked at the marketplace forum? There is a guy their that will do the conversion for you. I'd is morrison0880. Look up his posts.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I can't wait to pick it up at noon today. After reading and with help from renck, I'm confident that I can do the conversion. I have the software part all ready. I just need to do the physical swap then plug it into the computer and hopefully everything goes well.