1.    #1  
    I loved my Pre, but really wanted more apps...several months ago I switched to an Evo and have been pretty happy with it. I just got a Touchpad this week and now realize how much I MISS WEBOS!!!!!!!!!! I love, love, love WebOS and now I miss my Pre even. WebOS is so much more elegant & I love the multitasking. Would I be crazy to pick up a used Pre (Sprint) on eBay?
    also grab a pre2 and put the sprint com board in it.
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm, I wasn't aware you could do that! Do you know if there is a guide handy for it?
    there is a giude around here, and a couple of members that will do it for you..
    what you're describing is exactly what i did, but with a comm board in a pre plus instead of a pre 2. couldn't be happier, and the whole setup was $73. love webos.
    look for FrankenPre+ FrankenPre2. Quite a few people have done it and I can tell you the pre2 is way better HW than the pre-, or pre+ for that matter.
    I was lucky enough to buy a Pre2 VZW and I think it's much better. It's not perfect, but what is?
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone!!