Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I just got an Airrave this week, and since it takes several weeks and calls to Sprint to get an Airrave to work properly, mine is currently unplugged (I did manage to get it to work twice for five minutes each time). My problem is, since I unplugged the Airrave, both my Pre and my wife's Pre cannot access the Internet via WiFi anymore. They both connect to the network successfully, but they will not load any web pages, email, Pandora, etc. When I turn off WiFi, they work fine (but slowly and unreliably with the weak signal, which is why I got the Airrave).

I have tried re-boots and battery pulls, as well as multiple Airplane Mode switches, but still no Internet via WiFi.

Any suggestions?
    Do you have any other devices to test wether or not its the phones or the wifi thats causing the problem? Sometimes my Wifi (not airrave) acts up and I usually just have to unplug both the modem and router and plug them back in again. That usually does the trick for me.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Do you have any other devices to test wether or not its the phones or the wifi thats causing the problem? Sometimes my Wifi (not airrave) acts up and I usually just have to unplug both the modem and router and plug them back in again. That usually does the trick for me.
    Oh, I should have mentioned that. I have 8 other things on the network, including a Touchpad, and they all work fine. It is just the Pre's that are a problem. Since the Pres are the only thing to have connected to the Airrave (albeit briefly), I'm wondering what happened to them that is preventing WiFi Internet from working.
    Hmm, that is weird. I never had wifi problems with my pre plus. If you have other devices connected to it and working properly, I would assume its a problem with the phones. But I dont see what could cause the problem. Maybe someone who uses airrave can chime in and help here.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    I've had a Pre- on the Airrave for a few years with no prob, for reference..
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    I've had a Pre- on the Airrave for a few years with no prob, for reference..
    Well, I suppose if I can ever get the Airrave working, I won't need the Pre to use WiFi anymore as I will have adequate 3G signal, but at this point, getting the Airrave to work for more than 5 minutes seems to be a long shot.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I have an AirRave (1x). It works fine. WiFi works fine too. At 1x, data usage is slow with the AirRave but with WiFi it works OK.

I wonder why you are having problems with your AirRave. I just plugged mine into my router, gave it time to connect, and it has worked fine ever since.

Wish I had a 3G AirRave. I have only a very weak Verizon signal at home (I'm on Sprint) and therefore have no service without the AirRave.
    Does anyone know if you can use an Airrave for updating PRL if you're out of your home network for VZW?
    Tap on the actuall wifi connection to see if you have IP address. Try to forget the wifi network and reset it up to see how that fairs.

Ive been using the Airwave and Wifi just fine on all my webOS devices. Their airwave should not have influence of your wifi especially if its offline now.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I have the Airave 3G with Pre-.

How do you have the Airave plugged in? The instructions say to put it downstream of your modem (bandwidth priority over router) which I was not crazy about, so I have it downstream of my router instead.

Airave wasn't getting a GPS lock, it is in basement, plugged in external antenna which now lets it maintain lock and work correctly.

I think the Airave shouldn't be messing up your wifi, seems strange. Wifi should deal with router only. Fact that other devices work is strange.

I recommend you forget network like suggested and see if that helps. If your router is downstream of airave, try swapping it just to see what happens.

I do have a wifi problem with my pre-, it shows connected to wifi network but won't have data transfer. My fix is to toggle wifi off and back on to repair wifi. I just modified my wifi sleep settings from always on to sleep, hoping that may also help. It's not really related to Airave but thought I would share.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Tap on the actuall wifi connection to see if you have IP address. Try to forget the wifi network and reset it up to see how that fairs.

Ive been using the Airwave and Wifi just fine on all my webOS devices. Their airwave should not have influence of your wifi especially if its offline now.
    Tried that, have an IP address. Forgot the network, signed back into the network, still no Internet. I figured the Airave wouldn't affect it since it is off, but WiFi worked before, and now it doesn't and everything else in the house works on WiFi except the two Pres.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rendang View Post
    I have the Airave 3G with Pre-.

How do you have the Airave plugged in? The instructions say to put it downstream of your modem (bandwidth priority over router) which I was not crazy about, so I have it downstream of my router instead.

Airave wasn't getting a GPS lock, it is in basement, plugged in external antenna which now lets it maintain lock and work correctly.

I think the Airave shouldn't be messing up your wifi, seems strange. Wifi should deal with router only. Fact that other devices work is strange.

I recommend you forget network like suggested and see if that helps. If your router is downstream of airave, try swapping it just to see what happens.

I do have a wifi problem with my pre-, it shows connected to wifi network but won't have data transfer. My fix is to toggle wifi off and back on to repair wifi. I just modified my wifi sleep settings from always on to sleep, hoping that may also help. It's not really related to Airave but thought I would share.
    I first hooked it up as per instructions, before the router. After over two hours, I had two solid green lights, but mobile was still flashing. Also, Everything in the house was knocked off the Internet. It was getting late, so I pulled out the Airave and spent the next couple of hours trying to get everything back on the network. I had everything working as before, so I tried putting the Airave after the router. It set up and was able to handle calls and 3G after about 10 minutes, but 5 minutes later, it stopped working for calls and 3G, but the three lights stayed green. It just meant that I had no phone or 3G service (but 5 bars of signal). I unplugged the Airave, waited five minutes and plugged it in again. About 10 minutes later, I had voice and 3G, again for 5 minutes, then back to not working. Then I just pulled the plug on the Airave and left it there. It was at this point that the two Pres stopped being able to access the Internet via WiFi, but everything else works.

At this point, I guess I'll spend Friday trying to set it up ahead of the router again, but I'll give it more time. After that, if it still doesn't work, well, I still have the box it came in...

I would love to get it working, but I'm not sure what to do for it now other than try the same thing over again and hope for a different result (which I've found can be successful with wireless networks).
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Well, I just turned my WiFi back on a few minutes ago to see if anything had changed, and voila it started working again. No reason I can tell, but I can tell you that whatever I may have done with my Pre even by accident, my wife's Pre was just sitting there on the Touchstone, and when I turned its WiFi on, it suddenly worked again too.

WiFi is all voodoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    WiFi is all voodoo!

Hahaha
    I didn't know Sprint had a 3G airave now, I've had the samsung branded one 1xrt for over 2 years now working without problems with my Pre.
    Is the new 3G really good? Should I trade mine for the new one or since I never had any problems with it should I just keep it?
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post

Hahaha
    I didn't know Sprint had a 3G airave now, I've had the samsung branded one 1xrt for over 2 years now working without problems with my Pre.
    Is the new 3G really good? Should I trade mine for the new one or since I never had any problems with it should I just keep it?
    I can tell you that for the ten minutes it has worked it has been great! Great voice signal and fast 3G. Now, if I can just get it to keep working...
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Well, I finally gave up on the Airave and I'm sending it back as soon as I get the return kit. Never worked for more than a few minutes at a time, but it always "thought" it was working, so I got solid green lights, even when it didn't work. As a result, I didn't know it wasn't working until I tried to make a call. It would provide five bars to my phones, but no actual service. After pulling the plug, I'd drop back down to barely one bar, but then voicemails would flow through for all the calls I'd missed.

Pretty disappointing.