Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1.    #1  
    So, I haven't been on the forum for a while. Actually ended up here after doing a google search for a new rear speaker. Mine sounds horrible on my Sprint Pre Plus and I want to replace it since I obviously can't exchange it. Anyway, I went to 'New Posts' and everything was "TouchPad TouchPad TouchPad..." Am I the only one that doesn't own one? Ha ha..
    Where are all the original Pre and Pre+ owners? What are the other Sprint Pre owners doing now? Have you guys moved on? Is there even anyone on this forum that I 'know' anymore? I used to recognize everyones name when I got on here.
    BTW, the site looks great. I like the changes, not as bland now (not saying I didn't like the gren site). And I like the 'Like' button. Sometimes I liked things people said but I always had to 'Thank' them even if they didn't deserve thanks.
    Sorry for the scattered rambling post, just glad to be back.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
    loopytee likes this.
    I'm still rockin' with my Pre- and no intentions of moving anytime soon freeTether + unlimited data with CDMA phones on Bell's too hard to pass up!
    mjkjr and 5hieldz like this.
    Franken pre plus on sprint, but am having a lot of fun with my new touchpad!!
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    mjkjr likes this.
    Sportin' a Sprint FrankenPre2 here Looks like you've REALLY been out of the loop for a while! Some news stories are going to blow your mind when you do catch up!
    mjkjr likes this.
  5.    #5  
    FreeTether rocks. Did any of you guys get one of these $99 TouchPads from a "firesale"? Don't even know what that is but I'm sad I missed it. I'm sure I've missed a lot. But all of the new posts are all touchpad.. Is that all that's new in the webOS world?
    I like the Plus, felt it was a good upgrade from the Pre, but the recent speaker issue has made me kind of mad lol. Is Sprint ever going to get something for me to upgrade to!? Any news there?
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    You better sit down

There will be no more webOS products made by HP.

Where have you been anyway? Filming Survivor that starts tomorrow?

I bought mine on Canada launch day 15 July....got my price match on 2t Aug, and lucked out. I walked to the back of Future Shop with the $404 I got back, with intentions of picking up an Android tablet to match my girlfriend's phone, and spotted a few more 32GBs just recently put on the shelf. She got one of those instead with case, keyboard and touchstone, and I still had money left in my pocket
    mjkjr and gianf150 like this.
  7.    #7  
    What!? Are you messing with me? Like webOS is done and I'll never get a new phone from them on Sprint? Or it's just going to be called something different?

I may have been on Survivor and may or may not have won. I wonder how they keep that stuff a secret.. Anyway, I guess you could say I've been surviving lol. I was training for the MS150 which is what started my 'break' due to all the riding I was doing. But then almost everything that could fall apart did. I'm living the single life now. When it rains it pours, but that's just my luck.
    You on the other hand seem very lucky sledge, congratulations on the steals! I think I'm putting one on my Chrismas list ha ha.

So really, no more webOS products by HP? Wow... Way to end my night. So now I guess it'll be Android on the next one, oh boy. I already have an old Android Tablet, less than impressed with that thing.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I'm still rockin' with my Pre- and no intentions of moving anytime soon freeTether + unlimited data with CDMA phones on Bell's too hard to pass up!
    unlimited data or 500mb and bells failure at calculating data?
  9.    #9  
    So let me hop up here real quick

After catching up on some news I'm disappointed to say the least Disappointed I have no upgrade option on Sprint, that I'm unable to find a TouchPad even on HP's site. Whatever happened to the "making things right"? You know, those original Pre and Plus owners who were originally told we'd get 2.x and then later that statement was taken back. So, were things made right? I would have thought that I'd at least get an email from HP about some of this stuff since I'm signed up as a Dev, the sale, the discontinuation of products, etc. What a let down, and to think that I actually wanted to buy one of their laptops too.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
  10.    #10  
    Sorry for being all negative early in the morning. But what the heck am I supposed to do with the phone that I can't hear ring because of the busted speaker? Yeah, I could try to fix it. But I'm tired of fixing crap, and I don't really want to sink money into an old phone either. So seriously, what's the next best option? Switch to an EVO and try to live with Android?
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    wow you missed a lot o_0. They "made it right" by giving pre owners 50 off the touchpad, 32gb only, within the first month of launch. Course now that they dropped to 149 doesn't much matter :/
    mjkjr likes this.
    Want to get together and commiserate over it?

BTW, sorry to hear about all of your trouble. And Sprint will replace the speaker for $25 even if you don't have TEP.

Unfortunately, there aren't too many options right now besides learning to live with Android. I do still have a Pre Plus that I think I am going to turn into a Sprint phone, to get me by a little bit longer.
    mjkjr likes this.
  13.    #13  
    Oh wow, they sure made it right, fail... And yeah, that sounds good Grabber5.0, I don't know what to do. Guess I'll just and all day at work today.

I'm actually using a Plus on Sprint (to get me by a little longer) and then the speaker went. I have a feeling Sprint would be dumb about replacing the speaker for me, even with insurance. Probably correct with that assumption?
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    The bad news you know:Hp has (or will) stopped producing WebOS products. The good news: WebOS lives on in HP's mind.

When my Pre- fails, I'll be looking to upgrade to the Iphone5 on Sprint (available this October.) However, I'm not looking forward to it,as I'll really miss my Pre-
    mjkjr likes this.
    Yeah, I think you are right. Hmmm, maybe they wouldn't notice the ATT or Verizon logo on the back.
    mjkjr likes this.
  16.    #16  
    Unfortunately it looks like the iPhone 5 might end up being my best option. Very sad to say that. Going from such an open OS to Apple will be a change for sure. Everything is a headache with Apple, even updating/jailbreaking my iPod is a PITA. I can't imagine using it on my phone all day every day, can't imagine Android either. Out of all my devices running different OS's I'd have to say that webOS has always been my favorite, sad my run with it is coming to an end.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yeah, I think you are right. Hmmm, maybe they wouldn't notice the ATT or Verizon logo on the back.
    Yeah, the Verizon logo and the lack of white button on the front. I could use this dang Plus for another year, or years, and be happy, I just need to hear if someone calls or texts me. I was content with the Plus and not having something to upgrade to on Sprint, until this damn speaker unexpectedly blew. I guess I could hunt for a very cheap plus and do the comm board swap and stuff again, or to pull the speaker from, but I doubt I'll find one cheap enough to be worth it.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    I hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but...

There was no second shooter
    The Beetles broke up
    Global Cooling is a farce
    Global Warming is a farce
    Global Globing is a farce
    No more Space Shuttle
    George Bush became President
    Barack Obama became President
    HP pulled a Weekend at Bernie's with Palm
    etc.

Oh, and to be on topic... yeah, you have been gone a while.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    mjkjr, sledge007 and duanedude1 like this.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like the iPhone 5 might end up being my best option. Very sad to say that. Going from such an open OS to Apple will be a change for sure. Everything is a headache with Apple, even updating/jailbreaking my iPod is a PITA. I can't imagine using it on my phone all day every day, can't imagine Android either. Out of all my devices running different OS's I'd have to say that webOS has always been my favorite, sad my run with it is coming to an end.
    Why not do a franken Pre 2 on sprint to get you over the next year or so? Honestly, I'm super happy with mine and I should be good for at least another year before I have to make a decision on OS switches...
    mjkjr likes this.
  20.    #20  
    OMG thanks Pogey, didn't realize there was so much news that I missed. The Beatles broke up? Seriously? When? Obama who? Ha ha ha...

You're posts always entertained me in some way, thanks.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    pogeypre and sledge007 like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast