Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    After checking my email and messing around on facebook this morning, my Pre Plus all of a sudden acts like someone is repeatedly tapping the screen in random spots, causing apps to open up at random and the like. I've removed the battery from the device and replaced it, turning the phone back on and such but I get the same result every time. Anyone have a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sklib View Post
    After checking my email and messing around on facebook this morning, my Pre Plus all of a sudden acts like someone is repeatedly tapping the screen in random spots, causing apps to open up at random and the like. I've removed the battery from the device and replaced it, turning the phone back on and such but I get the same result every time. Anyone have a solution?
    I am having the same problem on my pre- for quite some time now, the phone is acting like crazy and randomly opening apps or making phonecalls ... also I found the whole right side of my touchscreen seems to be unresponsive. I already tried resets and even doctored the phone (version 1.4.5) but this has not fixed the problem. I am suspecting now its a physical problem with the touchscreen itself. Anyone have a solution to this? Should I buy a new touchscreen? If so, where can I buy one? Please help!!!
    There is a thread on here called "Palm Pre touching itself". It's a lengthy read, but I think you'll find your answer there. (Sorry, I'm having trouble getting
    the link to paste.)
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    U need a new digitizer and replacing it is a pain ... The easy way is to replace the whole touchscreen, it cost 37 usd or more on ebay, or buy another Pre for parts with working screen.