Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Can anyone tell me why my new Pre Plus won't keep track of the time and date and how I can fix this? Thanks all for your time. I appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonb View Post
    Can anyone tell me why my new Pre Plus won't keep track of the time and date and how I can fix this? Thanks all for your time. I appreciate it.
    Are you overclocking it?
    Does it happen while the device is asleep (i.e screen off). Not sure anyone has gotten to the bottom of it, but there are some things to try in this thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ing-sleep.html
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    It seems like it is doing this during sleep (if sleep means the device is totally off).It's not overclocked at all. Profile : Palm Default. It seems as though this is normal?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    By the way, is there a patch to prevent the screen from timing out and going into the sleep mode? If so, please refer me to it. I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

EDIT: Found the patch.
    Last edited by anthonb; 09/12/2011 at 06:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonb View Post
    By the way, is there a patch to prevent the screen from timing out and going into the sleep mode? If so, please refer me to it. I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

EDIT: Found the patch.
    Don't know of a patch, but i'm sure there's some apps that prevent the phone going to sleep. Map tool should do it, bit it's gonna kill your battery.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Okay thanks. I got Advanced System Preferences or something like that. Did the trick and allowed so much more customization. Wow! I must say I am really impressed by webOS. The UI...beautiful. And the screen seems crisp. And the touchstone...I love it. It seems really hard to remove the USB cord from the phone though. Is that normal?