1.    #1  
    I upgraded my wife's pre- to a pre2. She needed her txt messages so I put the GSM comms board in her pre- and fired it up. The flipping thing is a zombie that wont die. It has been on for about a week with out being charged.

I heard that cdma can be rough on batteries, but I never imagined it was this bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    I upgraded my wife's pre- to a pre2. She needed her txt messages so I put the GSM comms board in her pre- and fired it up. The flipping thing is a zombie that wont die. It has been on for about a week with out being charged.

I heard that cdma can be rough on batteries, but I never imagined it was this bad.
    You've got me confused? Is this an attempt at humour. Maybe sarcasm directed at battery complaints.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I think Titan means the CDMA comm is hard on the battery, and on a GSM comm the Pre is lasting a week.
    Let me guess: no data connection
    Exactly... I never doctored the pre- so it doesnt even recognize the gsm comms board. So there is no data or cellular signal. The thing is like a zombie. The strange thing is I plugged it in to my comp last night so I could charge it up to see how long the battery would last and it died (just remembered it was in USB mode maybe it does not charge). I plugged it in to the wall this morn and will check it when I come home tonight. Apparently zombie pre's only want brains.