Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    So, after finding a 32gb Touchpad in the recent firesale, I decided to go all in and return to a Pam Pre handset. I was a launch day Pre owner, and have loved Webos since then. I picked up a Pre on Ebay for $60.00. It's in great shape, and I'm thrilled to be back. I had even kept my three Touchstones from days gone by in hopes that I would use them again, it's great in the car!
    So my question is this. I have a Sprint Pre, but no center button, and under device info, it has 16gb of internal memory. I currently have 21 cards open, with no reals performance issues. It is running 1.4.5. Do I have a hacked Pre? If so is it worth it to update the Webos version? I had some issues activating, and couldn't sign in to my existing Palm profile, if that matters.
    Thanks in advance for advice,
    Seems you have the better one, Pre Plus that was simply converted from Verizon to Sprint
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Well, that would be great. Do you know if there is a way for me to check out the RAM on board? and is it worthwhile to upgrade the OS? I'll head over to the WEbOs internals page to read up, as I hadn't kept up with things so much while I was using a different handset.
    Thanks for answering.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    Well, that would be great. Do you know if there is a way for me to check out the RAM on board? and is it worthwhile to upgrade the OS? I'll head over to the WEbOs internals page to read up, as I hadn't kept up with things so much while I was using a different handset.
    Thanks for answering.
    do you already have the phone activated? If it's a pre plus conversion you might run into some issues.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    It is activated, but I couldn't sign in to my existing Palm profile, I had to create a new one, which meant I couldn't access my previously purchased apps. Not a huge deal, but it would have been nice. They are available on my Touchpad, so I suppose I could get them from there if needed.
    The link tells me I I have a Sprint Pre, which I knew. I don't think I'm going to do anything with the Meta-Doctor, I need a functioning GPS frequently, so I'll just be content with what I have.
    Thanks all.
    My Palm history.
    Sony Clie', Treo 650, Treo700p, Centro, Treo 800w, Palm Pre, Touchpad