1.    #1  
    I am trying to determine how much ram this device has but I can't find any good source to tell me.

I also wanted to know if the device could be updated beyond 1.4.5????

Thanks guys!
    512 MB RAM.
    (Unofficial) update procedure: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
  3.    #3  
    Is there any reason I should send back this $46 unit and spend the extra money ($100) on a Pre 2? Also thanks for the link!
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshotx View Post
    I am trying to determine how much ram this device has but I can't find any good source to tell me.

I also wanted to know if the device could be updated beyond 1.4.5????

Thanks guys!
    Not officially (unless you have an O2 branded one). Unofficially, it's possible if you're up for it..
    I just received a new pre 2. I had an overclocked pre+ for a year and a half and it didn't hold up too well, so I replaced it. The pre 2 is a much more enjoyable phone to use. The glass screen is great, it seems a lot speedier than my pre+ overclocked. The battery seems to last longer. The keypad is much better.

I think it would be worth an extra $100
  6.    #6  
    What did you overclock it 2? I forgot to mention I'd be building a frankepre+ to work on Sprint. A plus doesn't require a working palm pre, while a pre 2 does. Also where did you get you pre 2?
    I was fortunate to get my phone during the fire sale from HP off contract: $50. ĤGSM since I have AT&T.

I had overclocked it to 1ghz.
    Is there any reason I should send back this $46 unit and spend the extra money ($100) on a Pre 2? Also thanks for the link!
    Where did you get a mint PrPrPr+ $fr$ $$46$? $I$ $am$ $gtting$ $pretty$ $dsprate$ $for$ $one$ $since$ $my$ $e$ &$amp$; $o$ &$amp$; $u$ $keys$ $only$ $work$ $soometims$, $lol$. $I$ $want$ $t$ $stay$ $with$ $a$ $Pr$+ $fr$ $as$ $lng$ $as$ $pssibl$ &$amp$; $am$ $hoping$ $t$ $find$ $a$ $gd$ $pric$.
    How does it taste?

I prefer the milk chocolate Pre's myself
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Nah, my dark chocolate pixi is pretty delectable. But id def invest in a pre 2 now. im on sprint and its the best move. Sep im coming off a orig pixi. shud be a nice update.
    Assuming you're on Verizon and didn't need to put up with the frankenpre2 hassle, no question. Spend the $100. Pre2 is a better phone in every way and solves a lot of the problems of Pre.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    If you upgrade you lose your unlimited data and free lifetime hotspot. Think hard before you do it - you can't go back.