Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 9520G
  • 1 Post By opacityzero
  1.    #1  
    Hello Precentral,
    Last week I upgraded to the Verizon Palm Pre 2. Now I was looking for suggestions as to what I should do with my Palm Pre Plus?

Any thoughts or suggestions that may be useful/fun?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Wifi device/mp3 player.
    NXD10 likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Wifi device/mp3 player.
    so to do this, do I need a new Palm Profile?
    interested in this Q also!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_nova View Post
    so to do this, do I need a new Palm Profile?
    Not necessarily, but having a Palm Profile lets you buy from the App Store. Use WebOS QuickInstall to install numerous free homebrew apps through the Preware application.
    mike_nova likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Not necessarily, but having a Palm Profile lets you buy from the App Store. Use WebOS QuickInstall to install numerous free homebrew apps through the Preware application.
    I was wondering about this route. I'm sort of a "use a device as it was intended" type. As such, I've never really felt comfortable getting involved with homebrew due to my lack of computer programming experience. I've savvy with tech, but far from a coder type.

With that said, I was wondering if now was the time to get involved with homebrew, especially since I have no real practical use for my Palm Pre Plus now. I was considering just giving it away, however that is why I created this post. I couldn't help but think there had to be something very practical/functional I could do with the device.

Thanks for your reply opacityzero!
    Once you have Preware installed, you'll never regret it. Preware is just like the app store, but with homebrew apps, hundreds of patches (tweaks to customize your phone...you'll love this too) and more. No computer programming knowledge required...unless you mean to actually create your own apps.