1.    #1  
    Thank you. I know you're all into your TouchPads, but there are those of us who are still using Pres, and seeing as this is PreCentral, I thought this would be the appropriate place to ask this.

I have a Palm Pre Plus. I bought an HP Printer last night with ePrint (in the hopes that one day I, too, will be able to snag a TouchPad and print with it. But that's another story.)

I want to connect my HP printer to my Pre's Hotspot to set up and use ePrint. (I don't have wifi in the house.) But the problem is:

The printer is connecting to the Pre, but the Pre is not allowing an internet connection to the printer. Every other computer and tablet is connecting through the Pre to the internet just fine, but the printer is not.)

How do I get this setup working?

Thanks for taking the time out to come back to Pre-land!
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    What are you using to make your Pre Plus into a hotspot? Tetherd, or something else? Try turning off WiFi security, since I believe that certain WiFi apps announce themselves as using AES while instead are really using TKIP, or they just don't handle WiFi security well and you need to check the length of your passphrase.
    It could be that your carrier (Sprint, Verizon, etc) are blocking the ports 80, 443, 5222 and 5223 the printer is requiring? Do some research if your carrier is blocking any of the four above (80 and 443 are fine, it's the last two I don't know - there are some websites that you can check/verify.

Did you log into HP ePrint center to see that your print jobs are being submitted correctly?
    Last edited by opacityzero; 09/10/2011 at 09:42 PM.
    try using freetether instead of the native MHS app.
    @katefields

You mentioned in another post you have a wired router around to use, if the printer has a wired ethernet port, you may be best off using the router and connecting the printer to this router instead to get it online.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, everybody. I hope maybe this thread can help someone else.

My solution ended up being to pack the HP printer up and exchange it for a Kodak printer--which is also cloud-ready. Everything's working fine now.

P.S. I can't believe I was so snarky in naming this thread. I must not have had my coffee that day. LOL! Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Thanks, everybody. I hope maybe this thread can help someone else.

My solution ended up being to pack the HP printer up and exchange it for a Kodak printer--which is also cloud-ready. Everything's working fine now.

P.S. I can't believe I was so snarky in naming this thread. I must not have had my coffee that day. LOL! Sorry about that.
    It's ok, we understand...in fact, it makes it even harder to...well...I hate to have to tell you this...but...well...the name of the website has changed to webOS Nation...so...put down your Pre+!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

8.    #8  
    LOL!

I think it's bonded with my fingers at this point.
    Have you snagged a touchpad yet?
  10.    #10  
    Regrettably, no, I haven't gotten one yet.
  11.    #11  
    Update: I bought one today on eBay! Yay!
    Way to go Katie!!! Whoooooooooooo!!!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  13.    #13  
    LOL! Thanks, Sketch.
    Nice to see you got a TouchPad! Wish Sprint had the Pre+ or still offered hardware support for the Pre-. I gave up my Pre for an EVO 3D.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    I have the Pre- still. June will be 3 years! Oh and I'm using my touchpad to read this thread and reply to it! Enjoy your TP when you get it. My only gripe is the keyboard. I think it is very inaccurate.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  16.    #16  
    I got it TODAY!!! Woooo! My husband said I screamed like a little girl at a Justin Beiber concert, lol.

This has been a long time in coming, let me tell you. But I didn't buy this thing to immortalize it. I'm going to use the stuffing out of it, in the hopes that one day we'll have an even better selection of webOS devices--or whatever webOS becomes.
    Last edited by katefields; 12/23/2011 at 11:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    My only gripe is the keyboard. I think it is very inaccurate.
    It's just pathetic that the Android keyboard on a TouchPad is more accurate than the webOS one.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    It's just pathetic that the Android keyboard on a TouchPad is more accurate than the webOS one.
    funny, most people consider the Android keyboard to be the most pathetic piece of crap ever created. Aside from the awesome typewriter sounds that it makes (when you can figure out where those options are to turn it on..), I was inclined to agree, until I enabled the VKB on webOS 2.1. That makes the Android keyboard simply the second most pathetic piece of crap VKB ever.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    This thread has nothing to do with Android or the TouchPad. However, since I used CM7 on my TouchPad for a while and used a ton of different Android keyboards until I found one I liked, I can tell you that there is no difference in accuracy between the two (webOS and Android). Merry Christmas!

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)