Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I spoke to O2 UK about unlocking the phone and they pointed me to an online form on their site where you enter your phone number, contract type and some other things and it will send you an unlock code. Great.

Problem is, I've already taken the SIM out and put it into my Pre 3 and have been using it for a week. If I put the SIM back into the old one is it going to register it as my "current" device and wipe the Pre 3? I just want to put the SIM in in order to receive the unlock code SMS from O2.

I could always borrow an O2 SIM from someone just for this process, but I don't know if they check their servers to see if the phone number matches the one used for the device on O2.
    Quote Originally Posted by gastr View Post
    Problem is, I've already taken the SIM out and put it into my Pre 3 and have been using it for a week. If I put the SIM back into the old one is it going to register it as my "current" device and wipe the Pre 3? I just want to put the SIM in in order to receive the unlock code SMS from O2.
    The SIM used has no link to your profile and thus using your SIM in the Pre+ in tiself will not cause your profile to be wiped from the Pre3 or for that matter restored to the Pre+. What would on the other hand cause that, is if you use the same profile to login to the Pre+ again.

To make things simple and to ensure that no accidents happen, first login to Welcome: Manage my HP webOS Account. Over there make sure that your Pre+ is no longer listed in the Device list. If for some reason it is listed, then you simply click on "Device Options" and select to "Remove from my account".

Then you insert your SIM into the Pre+ and when the Pre+ asks you to login with your profile, simply choose to create a new profile using a different email id than the one you are using for your primary webOS profile.

That's it. You should be able to achieve your objective without worrying about the effects on the Pre 3 or your existing profile.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad