1.    #1  
    So my problem started two days ago when my pre dropped its connection to voice and data signals. I have done a lot of homebrew and patches and so I figured I must have just turned off the antenna signals. I went in to turn on Phone, it closed the menu screen, and nothing happened. Same thing for data. I can't get any signal on voice, data, or bluetooth. Wifi works... kind of.

It was all downhill from there. Programs wouldn't boot up entirely, menus wouldn't load, and settings wouldn't change. I figured I'd just suck it up and do a meta-doctor to see if that helped (time to upgrade to 2.1 from 2.0.1 anyway).

When I meta-doctored it, it indicates that it completed successfully, but when it lands at what should be the welcome screen to re-activate it, all I get is a cloudy blue-sky background with a circle rotating in the middle indicating that it is processing. It does this until the battery dies again.

I am assuming (and please correct me if I'm wrong - or, for that matter, please confirm if I'm right) that this means the antenna IS shot. My guess is that because it can't connect to a network, it can't load up the welcome screen, and I'm stuck.

Any ideas? Thoughts? Please help if you can.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lslincoln View Post
    So my problem started two days ago when my pre dropped its connection to voice and data signals. I have done a lot of homebrew and patches and so I figured I must have just turned off the antenna signals. I went in to turn on Phone, it closed the menu screen, and nothing happened. Same thing for data. I can't get any signal on voice, data, or bluetooth. Wifi works... kind of.

It was all downhill from there. Programs wouldn't boot up entirely, menus wouldn't load, and settings wouldn't change. I figured I'd just suck it up and do a meta-doctor to see if that helped (time to upgrade to 2.1 from 2.0.1 anyway).

When I meta-doctored it, it indicates that it completed successfully, but when it lands at what should be the welcome screen to re-activate it, all I get is a cloudy blue-sky background with a circle rotating in the middle indicating that it is processing. It does this until the battery dies again.

I am assuming (and please correct me if I'm wrong - or, for that matter, please confirm if I'm right) that this means the antenna IS shot. My guess is that because it can't connect to a network, it can't load up the welcome screen, and I'm stuck.

Any ideas? Thoughts? Please help if you can.
    Did you ever get resolution to this issue? I am having the same problem with a slight twist. After a reboot, the network will connect for 30 seconds or so and then is gone.

Thanks
    Getting a different error but also think it may be antenna related

A few days ago, the Pre started to lose connection (phone offline) for no reason. I thought it was the antenna.

I ran the webos repair utility, it takes forever, like 2 hours, then it seemed to work... a few days later it did it again.

I figured it is the hotspot connection. Every time I connect the hotspot, right after, the phone just starts losing connection, at random, losing connection to its internal memory. No contacts, no call history, no txts.

I'm not sure if it is the temperature or the connection, but I dont want to run the doctor after every time I connect the hotspot. Not sure if it is a memory leak, or what. but its annoying.

It seems very strange. Did any of you used the hotspot before your phone started acting up?