1.    #1  
    Just so everyone knows, it's a bad idea to plug your Pre Plus into an Acer Iconia tablet (a500) and attempt to use Media Sync.

My Pre is stuck at the steady Palm logo. I had some version of webOSdoctor on my computer, so I ran it (but I don't know if anything has changed in the year or more since I downloaded it), and nothing changed. So now I'm downloading it straight from the HP site and hoping this works.
    Last edited by katefields; 08/29/2011 at 04:28 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Hi again.
    Here's a little update. After taking others advice to just let the phone sit on the charger for a while, and performing multiple resets, it did finally come back to life.

Even though I had to go through the first use set up again, I actually lost very little. Some apps didn't download automatically when I signed into my profile, but after manually installing one of them, all the data was still there and I picked up where I left off.

But here is the biggest problem i'm having:

Before the crash, I had only about 4GB of unused memory. The rest was filled with the normal stuff, but i'd say probably 6 GBs of it was music. So that gave me about 11GB full and 4 free (give or take for system stuff.)

After the crash, I still have almost the same amount of memory filled, but I cannot find the music anywhere, neither by using Internalz nor by putting the phone into USB mode and searching on my computer. The "music" folder that used to be there is gone. But two songs have suddenly shown up in Music Player (Remix) out of nowhere.

I started painstakingly going through every folder and file with Internalz to see if I could find some big honkin' file somewhere, but I soon began to wonder if there was a better way.

So that's the problem. I've put a fraction of my music back on the phone and it is almost full. Does anyone have any idea where I could look to find my phantom music --OR --do you think I should do a complete system dump and restore everything back to factory state? I can't put much more on my phone until something else goes.
    Last edited by katefields; 08/31/2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Additional details
  3.    #3  
    Here's another follow-up.

I never did figure out why the memory was so full. The phone's failing keyboard was becoming unbearable, so I ended up buying another Pre+ to replace my old phone.

But on the issue of plugging a Pre into an Android tablet--

I now see that there is a patch in Preware called Remove Android.

Open Preware. Navigate to:
    Available Other -> (Feeds) WebOS Internals -> Linux Application -> Utilities -> Remove Android

I haven't tried it, but I hope it might help someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Here's another follow-up.

I never did figure out why the memory was so full. The phone's failing keyboard was becoming unbearable, so I ended up buying another Pre+ to replace my old phone.

But on the issue of plugging a Pre into an Android tablet--

I now see that there is a patch in Preware called Remove Android.

Open Preware. Navigate to:
    Available Other -> (Feeds) WebOS Internals -> Linux Application -> Utilities -> Remove Android

I haven't tried it, but I hope it might help someone else.
    That patch actually removes Android. Period.
    Once you use that patch, Android will cease to exist.
  5.    #5  
    That's what I was hoping for, I think.

When I connected the Pre to the Iconia, Android put several folders on the Pre--and who knows what else. It was only after the Pre came out of its coma and I put it in USB drive mode that I saw all this junk on it.

I went through and deleted what I recognized as foreign, but who knows what else was in there.

So, I saw Remove Android and thought it might be helpful to mention it, in case someone else runs into this problem in the future.
    The remove android thing in preware is for removing traces of CM7

Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  7.    #7  
    Got it, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    That patch actually removes Android. Period.
    Once you use that patch, Android will cease to exist.
    Wait...
    This patch will delete the complete mobile OS. It will obliterate it completely, and wipe millions of devices all over the world.
    /sarcasm
  9.    #9  
    I knew the homebrew folks were talented, but that just takes the cake.

lol