Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    So my Pre's touchscreen stopped working a few days ago. Luckily, I have my wife's old, mostly functional Pre laying around so I loaded up my palm profile on the "new" old Pre and it's working fine. My problem is this: there are a few things on the USB drive of the broken Pre which I need. I have tried to force it into USB mode with the volume up trick and I get the big icon but it shows up as "Palm Novacom (bootie)" but I can't seem to access anything. When I let it boot up regularly I get to the Palm profile sign in screen but I can't sign in because my profile is in use on another device. Any ideas? I simply want to get a few files, pictures, etc. off of it.
    Press Opt+Sym+U
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    That doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing part of the problem is that I have logged in with my Palm profile on my replacement so when I turn on the broken one, I get the Palm Profile signed out page giving me the option to erase all data or just restart. Of course, having a broken touchscreen won't allow me to select either option though I don't want to erase all data just yet. I have thought that perhaps meta-doctoring past this screen might allow me access but I really don't want to do that, mostly because I would have no idea what to do.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    howardforums .com/showthread.php/1634280-Palm-Pre-amp-Pixi-Bypassing-the-Activation-Process]Palm Pre & Pixi Bypassing the Activation Process

Post #10

In the last step (#3) when it says "from command line...", go to run, type cmd, then type cd and whatever directory you placed the file you downloaded in step #1 in. (example: I placed the file in the C: directory, so I cd C:\, then typed in the command line step #3 "java...")

Hope this helps

*I can't post links, so erase the space after howardforums*
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    smelly914, worked perfectly and I was able to get everything I needed from my old Pre. Thanks!
    Um, I know this is a dead thread, but I'm a bit desperate. I've attempted the method above, but I'm having difficulty with the third step. I've typed "cd F:\Stephanie\java -jar devicetool.jar" into cmd, but all that's returned to me is "The system cannot find the path specified."

I have the latest version of Java, if that helps any. I'm quite desperate and any help would be appreciated.