1.    #1  
    Details are here:
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

I wonder what sort of performance the pre has when using 2.1? If its not terribly sluggish then this may be an option for some people who are hanging on but want to take advantage of newer apps designed for the newer phones. My guess is that with the limited RAM the pre- is gonna be a dog (which I believe was the reason HP gave for not updating the older phones with the new OS). But it would be interesting to try it. My wife may be switching out her phone when Win Mango phones come out due to apps she needs for her work that are not available on webOS. When she does that, I will try this and report back.
    I think most people have tried and it works well with overclocking.
    Sprint Love
    Honestly I wouldn't bother, unless there are features in it which you really want/need. 1.4.5 is surprisingly rock solid and my pre- can run for several days without rebooting. Hacking 2.1 on only caused issues for me with the music and phone apps not properly responding to taps. But I guess everyone should experience it for themselves
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bstrobl View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't bother, unless there are features in it which you really want/need. 1.4.5 is surprisingly rock solid and my pre- can run for several days without rebooting. Hacking 2.1 on only caused issues for me with the music and phone apps not properly responding to taps. But I guess everyone should experience it for themselves
    Thanks for the feedback. I found out by reading the wiki over at webos internals that the Sprint Navigator won't work with it - I use that quite often so I probably won't do this, at least not yet.