Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    hey guy's, i found a really weird bug this morning, i unplugged my pre from the charger to get ready to go for my trip back up to london, i was in the car and when i tried to play music through my speakers, nothing happened, i thought it might be that it was low on charge, so i charged it up and still nothing, so i plugged a set of earphone is and they worked flawlessly, i was wondering if any of you know whats happened and how to fix it if possible

**UPDATE**
    my dad just called me, the phone rang through the speaker (like normal) but i could hear him unless i put it on speaker phone
    Last edited by Mobile-dom; 08/20/2011 at 12:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile-dom View Post
    hey guy's, i found a really weird bug this morning, i unplugged my pre from the charger to get ready to go for my trip back up to london, i was in the car and when i tried to play music through my speakers, nothing happened, i thought it might be that it was low on charge, so i charged it up and still nothing, so i plugged a set of earphone is and they worked flawlessly, i was wondering if any of you know whats happened and how to fix it if possible

**UPDATE**
    my dad just called me, the phone rang through the speaker (like normal) but i could hear him unless i put it on speaker phone
    Your pre thinks that the headphone is plugged in even when it isnt. This is usually caused by gunk down in the headphone jack. Take a q-tip, remove some of the cotton so it fits snugly down in there, turn off your phone, dip the q-tip in the highest concentration alcohol you can find (which means less water and it evaporates more quickly) - then cram the q-tip down in there and turn it around several times. Repeat. Let dry a couple of minutes and turn your phone back on.

If this doesn't work you can repeatedly plug in and unplug your headphones.

From what I can tell, there is a little 'button' down there that gets depressed when the headphones are plugged in. Sometimes it gets gunked up and stuck. I have also taken the point of a very small pocket knife and, out of desperation, scraped around at the above mentioned 'button' trying to get it to free itself.

All of these have worked at least once.
    also, I have this program installed:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...dset-mode.html

That way if it ever gets stuck, I can use this. The software tells the phone that the headset isn't plugged in. The problem is that every time you use the phone it resets and you have to apply the software again. its a pain but there was one time when I just couldn't free the thing for a while and this saved me.