Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I am gonna send my new veer back first thing tomorrow morning. Sadly webos 2 was simply not as stable and bug free as 1.4.5 so I guess I will be using my old Pre- until it breaks into several pieces (could take a while).
    I will stick with mine as long as I can. In fact, I don't need major enhancment on it to be functional. Thanks for the effort of the community and I hope it will continue for a while even at the snail pace. 1.45 with all preware, webos internal patches can do quite a lot already. It is not as excited as my old centro which I still keep. But it can still do about 80% what I can do on old palmos and MT and cloud is way better and beyond. I already bought an Acer W500 tablet PC, and so I am freetethering on sprint if I need more beyond pre's limitation.
    I have retired mine. Moved on to Android with the Droid 3.
    Haha, I have already put mine "to bed."

I have moved to a Droid Pro (hate the OS, love the keyboard). I have turned my Pre Plus into a Franken-Pre2 for the exhibition mode.

My Pre is sitting on its touchstone as a fancy bedside alarm clock.
    If anyone is looking for a good condition (no oreo) Palm pre 8gb, shoot me an email at jjgebarowski@yahoo.com

Since its usable as an MP3 player I wont part with it for nothing... But shipping+compensation would be nice.
    I think I may be going the Phonton route as well when my pre- kicks the bucket. No rush I guess, since I have two batteries, two touchstones, touchpad, etc. Yeah, I was all in.
    Sorry to say I turned the Pre off and got a Motorola Photon today. The HP news after the Google news made the decision easy. I was waiting for a Samsung Galaxy S2, but was told its probably 1-2 months off from release on Sprint. Looked at the Photon, was impressed and thought about Google Motorola announcement and decision was easy. Getting used to Droid, probably same learning curve as WebOS. Goodbye Pre hello Droid.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    I'm going to try and wait for Mango and Ice Cream Sandwich (and the assumed accompanying Nexus phone) to make my decision.

My frankenPre2 still works mostly, though the headphone jack is having some issues. I've been out of contract for a long time and was holding out hope for the Pre 3 on Sprint, but since I've waited this long it doesn't really make sense to switch until I see what's coming up soon.

Also, like many others here, what makes it difficult is that I greatly prefer the portrait physical keyboard, and there's a very slim possibility that I would get anything without a physical keyboard at all.
    slim210 likes this.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Sadly gave up my Pre- Wed for Nexus S 4g from Sprint. Love WebOs and will find uses for my Pre, MP3, the apps I downloaded, clock/alarm.... Learning Android a challange but saw no other way....
    Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Also, like many others here, what makes it difficult is that I greatly prefer the portrait physical keyboard, and there's a very slim possibility that I would get anything without a physical keyboard at all.
    I got a Droid Pro, with a very nice portrait keyboard. But aside from that, it has been pretty annoying. OS aside, my 2-year-old Pre was a better music player, had better Exchange integration, and a better e-mail client. Google Maps on the Droid Pro was broken until an update last week. If I drive by a Wifi transmitter, the music player skips.

The Android 2.3 update was pushed for the Droid Pro to a few users (hopefully fixing these problems). But it was pulled after one day. It has been "coming soon" for 2 months. So I wish I could actually recommend the Droid Pro for Pre refugees. But I have seen no indication that OS support or hardware quality significantly better on the Moto/Android side of the fence. I would strongly consider going back to my Pre+ if not for that cursed keyboard.
    Last edited by mwshook; 08/19/2011 at 06:39 PM.
    Palm Pilot Pro > Handspring Visorphone > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > Pre Plus > Droid Pro & Touchpad
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I was waiting anxiously for a pre release on Sprint... but now, I'm glad I jumped ship and got myself the Photon 4G the day after it came out. Great hadware.. the OS is no WebOS but at least I'm happy to be getting support and updates. Screw HP.
    My Pre never had any problems and still works fine.

I'll retire it as soon as I get the Pre3 (now at a nicely reduced price).
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    The current plan is for my wife to replace her Pre+ with an iPhone 4 as soon as the iPhone 5 is announced and the price of the 4 comes down. I'll then use her Pre+ until December when my contract is up (her Pre+ is newer than mine and in better shape). In December I'll either get an iPhone 4 or 5.

The problem is that I'll really miss my free mobile hotspot. It may be hard to pull the trigger and have to spend an extra $20/month.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i still got my pre- (june 09). Hanging on by threads. Found a new battery a month back, now it shuts off whenever i close the slider too hard. Ha. I know about the fix, all about it, but gd im just too lazy. Waiting for the Samsung Galaxy 2 on sprint. I think the name is the dumbest ever imagined... epic touch.... but i dont care. At least it will be new. I will miss my AGENDA App. I hope there is something like it for android b/c it is genius. ah well. These are my last two cents here at pre-central. Thanks for the ride.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I have a launch day Pre +, just put a new battery in it. No problems so far, just waiting on the Pre 3.
    The current plan is for my wife to replace her Pre+ with an iPhone 4 as soon as the iPhone 5 is announced and the price of the 4 comes down. I'll then use her Pre+ until December when my contract is up (her Pre+ is newer than mine and in better shape). In December I'll either get an iPhone 4 or 5.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm going to keep using it until it falls apart, or I find a Pre 2 cheap enough to Sprint FrankenPre2 it. That's assuming a miracle doesn't happen and the Pre 3 is released.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Retired my Pre+ about 6 weeks ago. I had to grandfather myself into an unlimited data plan w/ VZ. I charged up my Pre+ and shut her down and put her into a belt clip, just in case I need her for a day or 2 if my Thunderbolt breaks.

Although not surprised, I am really sad about WebOS' fate. I had a 700p and 755p prior to a Pre and Pre+. It had so much potential but failed at so many levels. I would love to find out what went on on the inside that lead to this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My launch month Pre is fine, not limping at all and thanks to WebOS Internals and the Homebrew community it is overclocked/patched and meets my needs nicely. I am hoping to buy a Pre 3 and leave Sprint and go to a month to month plan on at&t.
    I'm in the same situation. The Pre works ok and was waiting for a Pre3. However because of all the different fire sales and all the various phones going out of stock on HP's site and the fact that AT&T was going to get rid of the 1000 texts/per month for $10 option starting on accounts created after the 20th, I signed up with AT&T and got a Veer for a penny. If the Pre3 (or Pre2 for that matter) ever shows up again, I'll try to grab one to use during the week and let the Veer take over whenever I don't want a big phone.
    Not for a while My Sprint Pre minus is still going strong and I love it so. I gave the Nexus S a shot when Best Buy had the phone for free, but returned it after only 10 days. Nice hardware, horrible user experience, horrible wi-fi reception, did I say horrible user experience already, it's still worth repeating.

Stock Android is quite terrible. It'll get better, but it's not there yet, so I'm not biting.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast