1.    #1  
    I have a Pre Plus and the tope icons will show 3 or 4 bars, but sometimes no other icons for 1x or 3g. When I do see 3G and try to make a call, the 3G icon will vanish when trying to connect and I get an error "Network Unavailable".

Sometimes data will continue to work and other times it will not. If I pull the battery or do a reset it will come back with the 3G icon, but then vanish when I try to make a call.

I have doctored the phone and this has not corrected the issue.

Any thoughts?
    when you are on the phone, you won't have access to 3G. When connected to wifi, it bypasses the 3G radio.

sounds like everything is working fine for you!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    when you are on the phone, you won't have access to 3G. When connected to wifi, it bypasses the 3G radio.

sounds like everything is working fine for you!
    No. I can't make a call or maintain a data connection. It is very weird. It looks like it should work but does not.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    My Sprint Pre- also has been having problems staying connected to the network. After I wake it up, the voice signal is gone (shows an X over the signal bars), then after a minute or so, it connects at full strength (which I don't really have in my part of the neighborhood). Then it will correct itself and the signal will drop to 3/5 bars, and I can text and make calls again. In addition, sometimes when I try to send a text, the signal will disappear completely for a minute (saying "Phone offline" in the upper left corner), then come back as before and send the text. It does this in other areas around the inner Loop area of Houston as well. Rebooting and pulling the battery for a bit haven't had any effect. Would a hard reset do any good?
    if you have insurance get verizon to swap it free. you may even get upgrade to pre 2