1.    #1  
    My AT&T Pre+ which has been meta-doctored to 2.1 is no longer backing up successfully. Oh well. I guess I'd better take good care of this phone!

Does anyone know how this will affect an eventual move to a Pre3? Will I be able to move my profile and apps to that phone (whenever it actually comes out)?

-bc
    does it back up when you run it manually? If so, you will be fine. If not, make sure your contacts and calendar aren't in your palm profile.
  3.    #3  
    Nope - doesn't back up manually. I am pretty sure that everything that matters (aside from apps) are just on my sim and google account. The big question still remains though: are my apps going to disappear whenever I switch to a new phone, or are those permanently tied to my profile, back-ups or not?
    what happens when you tell it to back up manually?
  5.    #5  
    It says "backup failed." I also just discovered that my phone is no longer receiving or sending text messages properly.

I am downloading the 1.4.5 doctor as we speak.

-bc
    I have the same issue. As I understand it, we probably might be able to use our profile on the Pre 3 and or on a Pre 2. But we will not be able to re-login to the current phone, if and when we doctor it. Also, I think what will restore on the Pre 3 will be from the last backup that was made and therefore any new apps that have been purchased since the last back up, may not also be restored to the Pre 3. What wuill actually happen, is probably anyone's guess, but this is just what I have concluded.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by cellobrian View Post
    I am downloading the 1.4.5 doctor as we speak.
    Before you actually doctor with 1.4.5, be warned that although you will NOT be able to login with your current profile, nothing will restore to the phone from your last backup and you shall lose all your apps. Atleast, that is what I think has been someone else's experience. I would suggest you doing a search on this forum and finding the thread where this has been brought up earlier by someone else.

PS: ALthough I have the same issues as you do regarding the backup, I have no issues with sending or recieving text messages. That may, actually most probably is a totally unrelated issue.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  8.    #8  
    I have doctored back and forth before, and everything restored properly.

I can't imagine that the lack of texting would be unrelated, as it was not a problem before HP changed the database permissions.

***update*** well, I must have gotten lucky with my previous backwards doctoring... I'm back to 1.4.5, but nothing has restored. Also, I cannot get webOS Quick Install to recognize my phone. Very lame.

-bc
    Last edited by cellobrian; 08/15/2011 at 03:10 PM.
    your backup probably wont work on the pre 2