1.    #1  
    I've mentioned this in a few other posts, but haven't gotten any suggestions, so here goes again.

The nice thing about my Touchpad is that it has replaced my Pre as a mobile Internet Terminal for 90% of the time. I still use the Pre as a phone, and as an internet terminal, and as a time-killer when I'm in line somewhere.

For the last few months, if I tap the "Updates" icon (the cute little present icon), it'll just hang on "checking for updates". I've waited up to two hours, but it never finishes.

I don't want to resort to the Doctor - it's not that big of an issue. As I said I do most stuff on my Touchpad now. It'd still be nice to update the Pre though, for those situations mentioned above.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Any suggestions on options short of Doctoring? I've been on the phone and on chat with Palm support, and never get a satisfactory response.

Thanks for any ideas.
    If you don't want to peform a full doctor, you could just run the Repair Utility. It uses the same DR files, but looks for missing or corrupt files and replaces/fixes them. Try that and see if it finds anything. (Be sure to read that first post completely)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If you don't want to peform a full doctor, you could just run the Repair Utility. It uses the same DR files, but looks for missing or corrupt files and replaces/fixes them. Try that and see if it finds anything. (Be sure to read that first post completely)
    Thanks Hello - I'll give that a shot. I think the most important thing is realizing this is a fairly unique problem (haven't gotten responses before, and haven't seen others complaining of the same situation), so I must've done something to bork the phone. Maybe this'll do the trick.
    <<fingers crossed>>
    did the repair utility work?