Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    These two events have been discussed but I think when you pair them together there's more of a story to them.....

On 7/6/11 deesugar made the following post about the Pre3 specs disappearing from the Pre3 website >>

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...p-website.html

Then on 7/11/11, this post appears on the official HP blog saying Stephen DeWitt has become the senior vice president and general manager of the webOS Global Business Unit >>

The Official HP Palm Blog: Next steps for HP webOS

Call me crazy but my guess on things.....DeWitt is offered the job a month prior to the 7/11 announcement. With this, he now calls the shots everything webOS. This is important to note as the Pre3 is now officially "his". It's rare that an exec will come into a new situation and just sit back so he comes on-board and realizes the Pre3, with the specs that were on the HP/Pre3 website, will not do the job against the forthcoming competition. He pulls the specs from the website essentially ordering a "do-over" of the phone in its entirety.

I could be wrong (and hope I am!) but I wouldn't hold your breathe about a summer release. I'm no techie/engineer but I can't imagine HP being able to overhaul a phone that quickly.

Your $.02 is appreciated...
    Motorola Microtec > Audiovox 9100 > Motorola T720/Palm m505 > Palm 650 > Palm 700p > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    it seems like it was more of a supplier issue than anything. Qualcomm has factories directly affected by the earthquake/ tsumani...

I hope they used the extra time to really polish the software. Those engineers need to push and really start knocking out some homeruns. I mean just look at how few codecs are supported by the touchpad.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    it seems like it was more of a supplier issue than anything. Qualcomm has factories directly affected by the earthquake/ tsumani...

I hope they used the extra time to really polish the software. Those engineers need to push and really start knocking out some homeruns. I mean just look at how few codecs are supported by the touchpad.
    ijip, could you point to a source for your information on this? I saw a response to a UK pre-order that said that there was a delay because of a supplier issue, but I did not see that the response mentioned Japan or the earthquake.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    So I saw RedMist's posts about actually having a Pre3, *THAT* is good news and I kinda........take back my statement about "no summer release". I say "kinda" because now in hindsight, when I wrote the post I was unknowingly being North America/United States-centric and still kinda am that way.

I guess I'm just completely baffled on why the specs were pulled from the Pre3 website *AND* why there's so little information flow from HP these days, the silence is deafening! HP is no dumbie (I think, although I'm starting to wonder!), their silence is for a reason I'm sure, I just wish I could get my head around *WHY* there is such silence. It's maddening to me, absolutely maddening!
    Last edited by vladdddy; 08/18/2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: typo...
    Motorola Microtec > Audiovox 9100 > Motorola T720/Palm m505 > Palm 650 > Palm 700p > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    This is not me patting myself on the back as my initial guesses were not even close to what was announced today but that said, I now know why I "couldn't get my head around *WHY* there is such a silence". A sad day indeed.....