1.    #1  
    Well, being Sprint WebOS Pre- (minus) from day one (actually the 5th day into it), this was my second phone over these past years, I've reached the point that I have been regretting, being forced to move away from WebOS!

Oh, just to make sure everyone understands that with this latest crack in the screen, the screen is no longer responding to my touches, so I can't launch any apps or do anything.

I still carry the insurance, but from what I've heard, I will not longer be able to get a replacement Pre-. I've heard they might offer me a Pixi, which I definitely won't accept since that is a downgrade in my eyes.

If they offer me a version of Android, I might consider that, since that will give me a chance to see how I feel about Android and not loose my ability to get a 'new phone' since I am definitely due one at this point.

The main reason for doing this through the insurance is, that it will give me one chance to test out a phone without having to commit for the duration of a 2 year contract.

Has anyone experienced using the insurance lately (via Sprint), what are they offering at this point?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

In June my Pre came apart (a screw had fallen out). As recently as then Sprint would replace it with another Pre (a refurbished one, I'm sure). However my local Sprint retailer is also an authorized service center and they just repaired it "in house". The best way to find an authoritative (and useful) answer is to just ask them.
    Tungsten E / dumb phone -> TX / Blackberry Pearl -> Pre (1.4.1.1) -> Evo 4G / rooted Nook Color (with the Pre on the side).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but I called, turns out they have a Pre- in stock to replace my broken one.

And because I am going on a trip tomorrow, they are sending it overnight. Hopefully it will arrive on time.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I too, just recently had a cracked screen and the Sprint store (non corporate) had a Pre- in stock. He replaced it on site and I had to pay $80 instead of $100 as the Pre- he had was a little beat up. Then, he ordered me a new refurb from Sprint which came in 2 days later. So as of a month later, the Pre- he gave me is back to the way it used to be, all patched and tweaked up and I think I'm going to keep this as long as the Pre-'s are being made. I love this phone especially with the 8 touchstones I have, thanks mostly to this site referring to Verizon's sweet deal of $5 per Touchstone. Are they kidding? But, yeah, it did suck t nuts that when I replaced my Pre- in November 2010, it was free, and now I had to pay the deductible, which should have been 100 but like I said he charged me 80 and then got me a new refurb. Now, I am babying this like you can't believe with screen protector from day one and being so careful not to drop it at all. I will probably drop it today just because I said that!

I would suggest not going android, or getting the New Motorola (i forget the model) I heard good things but I believe it is android. I'm waiting forever until I can get another WebOS device even if I switch carriers. I'm now over my 2 year contract and can leave anytime!

Later.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.