Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Hi folks,

After having MMS issues on my metadoctered VZW Pre+, VZW was kind enough to send me a replacement phone which ended up being the Pre 2. When I finally get the phone and load my Palm profile onto it, will I lose everything in my profile because it is going from version 2.1 (metadoctor) to version 2.0.1 (currently released version for Pre2). I read somewhere that after metadoctoring there is no going back to earlier releases without losing everything on your palm profile. If this is the case, is there any way to minimize the data loss? Possible exporting the contacts and such...

Thanks in advance!
    Are your contacts and calendar backed up to google? If so, you should be able to restore them when you sync them on the new phone.

Enjoy the Pre 2. It's a great phone.
    Once you meta-doctor to 2.1 your profile will be incompatible with 1.x versions of webOS, your profile is safe

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    Once you meta-doctor to 2.1 your profile will be incompatible with 1.x versions of webOS, your profile is safe

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Is that right? Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Are your contacts and calendar backed up to google? If so, you should be able to restore them when you sync them on the new phone.

Enjoy the Pre 2. It's a great phone.
    Stupid question but how do I know where the contacts and calendars are backed up to? The default account for contacts is the palm profile but the default account for the calendar is google.

marclh1992 already cleared up my concerns but I'm still curious about where my stuff is backed up. Thanks!
    Click on a contact and see where their info is stored, also you can export contacts but I forget how to do it (its a ## code in the dialer), I had to do it a long time ago when my Pre - broke
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->