1.    #1  
    Hello. Does anyone know if there is a problem with an internal webOS feed? Preware v1.70 is not downloading complete feeds to my Sprint Palm Pre with webOS 1.45.

Instead, I get an ipkg script error/pseudocode screen that lists a long error message screen. I managed to capture the last segment of it as follows:

Collected errors;ipkg download:ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: "wget --passive-ftp -q -P/tmp/ipkg-KXdkVo http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/prewa...es/Packages.gz'
    Then I click the OK button on the bottom of this screen and Preware starts to load package information, scanning unknown packages/patches until it displays these totals:

- - - - - - - - -
    Package Updates = 1
    Available Apps = 473
    Available Themes = 131
    Available Patches = 601
    Available Other = 56
    Installed Packages = 165
    - - - - - - - - -

I checked my Preferences (everything is set to "Yes", all feeds are set to "On") then I ran "Update Feeds" again and still got the same results.

What should I do? Is this a Preware issue? Is it a webOS 1.45 issue?
    The last time Preware worked for me (for example, 2,201 Themes) was last week.
    Thank you everyone for your attention to this issue.
    Last edited by fred1955; 08/09/2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Update
    Always start with a reboot...usually fixes those issues for me
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!
  3.    #3  
    Yes thank you for your response. I tried a device reboot and a Luna reboot and still get the same results for my Preware "feeds" issue. So, no worries. Hopefully someone down in the HomeBrew/webOS Internals staff can research and correct this issue.
    It's something on WebOS Internals end I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    Yes thank you for your response. I tried a device reboot and a Luna reboot and still get the same results for my Preware "feeds" issue. So, no worries. Hopefully someone down in the HomeBrew/webOS Internals staff can research and correct this issue.
    Same thing happening to me also. not to sure what the problem is right now!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hello. Does anyone know if there is a problem with an internal webOS feed? Preware v1.70 is not downloading complete feeds to my Sprint Palm Pre with webOS 1.45.

Instead, I get an ipkg script error/pseudocode screen that lists a long error message screen. I managed to capture the last segment of it as follows:

Collected errors;ipkg download:ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: "wget --passive-ftp -q -P/tmp/ipkg-KXdkVo http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/prewa...es/Packages.gz'
    Then I click the OK button on the bottom of this screen and Preware starts to load package information, scanning unknown packages/patches until it displays these totals:

- - - - - - - - -
    Package Updates = 1
    Available Apps = 473
    Available Themes = 131
    Available Patches = 601
    Available Other = 56
    Installed Packages = 165
    - - - - - - - - -

I checked my Preferences (everything is set to "Yes", all feeds are set to "On") then I ran "Update Feeds" again and still got the same results.

Just out of curiousity have you downloaded any new kernels lately or patches??
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

- - - - - - - - -
    Package Updates = 1
    Available Apps = 473
    Available Themes = 131
    Available Patches = 601
    Available Other = 56
    Installed Packages = 165
    - - - - - - - - -

I believe that the PreThemer is down right now. It happens every now and then. The best I can say is just sit and wait, it should be fixed soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by snaptrax View Post
    I believe that the PreThemer is down right now. It happens every now and then. The best I can say is just sit and wait, it should be fixed soon.
    Prethemer is not even showing up in the Manage feeds pull down menu. Here is what is showing in the manage feeds menu - clock themes, optware, precentral, precentral-themes, webos-internals, webos-kernels and webos-patches. Shouldn't there be more?????
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    Prethemer is not even showing up in the Manage feeds pull down menu. Here is what is showing in the manage feeds menu - clock themes, optware, precentral, precentral-themes, webos-internals, webos-kernels and webos-patches. Shouldn't there be more?????
    I have the following: Clock-themes, optware, precentral, precentral-themes, prethemer, webos-internals, webos-kernels, and webos-patches. Those are what I have. I have run into this problem before and it was due with prethemer, tho I'm not sure if it is this time.
    and worst thing is they took the flashligh patch off of 1.4.5 just great.....
    I had to disable precentral. It worked after that.
  12.    #12  
    Yes. I read a webOSInternals tweet yesterday, that several feeds, including PreThemer, are down and they hope to resolve it soon. Note: They also tweeted (6 hours ago) Preware v.1.7.3 is in the testing feeds.
    @weboOSinternals
    Last edited by fred1955; 08/10/2011 at 09:09 AM. Reason: updated
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Well yesterday I updated my Preware Feeds and everythings back! Evne Jason's patches that said they weren't for 1.4.5 are now back to 1.4.5, as Jason said he would never leave us behind! I hope Preware is working for everyone now!