Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Hey All,

I've been out of the loop for a while, but I bought an AT&T Pre Plus and did the comm board swap to make a Sprint Pre Plus. When I doctored, I lost an app that did an upgrade to 2.0 and apparently did not leave anything in place for 1.4.5 users. Unfortunately it's an app I use daily (Bridge Call Dialer). So I'm considering upgrading to 2.1.0. My question is, I remember at one point, the thought was that if you upgraded your profile to 2.1.0, you could not downgrade it back to 1.4.5. Is that still (or was it ever) true?
    I upgraded 2.1 with same profile that I had on 1.4.5. N then I downgraded to 1.4.5 and used same profile to log in. All the apps I had bought where still there.
    the issue currently is, sometimes your profile converts with your data and sometimes it doesnt.

if it doesnt, you have to doctor back to 1.4.5, sign in, then turn data backup off then back to 2.x.

another option is just create a whole new profile in 2.x
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I have submitted a new version of Bridge Call Dialer (1.1.3) that will be available on 1.4.5 as well as on 2.x. There is an issue with the AppCatalog submission site that I learned about only earlier this week. Luckily there is a workaround, and as soon as Palm will process the submission BCD will be available again on the AppCatalog for webOS 1.4.5 users.