1.    #1  
    I'm trying to get some clarification…

I'm on Sprint and I want to switch over to a Pre- that already has patches and apps. (I got the phone from someone trusted so I'm trying to avoid a doctor if possible)

Once my number get's switched over to the Pre, is it possible to keep all those patches/apps AND create a new "Palm/HP/WebOS Profile"?
    Is it as easy as running the FirstUse app?

Or would I have to perform a Full Erase and Doctor the phone in order to get a new profile?

Thanks in advanced.
    it will wipe the phone when you log in. Many of the patches will still be there, but in preware they will appear as not installed.

the best plan is to have them install and run save/restore to make it easier for you to recover anything that needs to be re-installed.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it will wipe the phone when you log in. Many of the patches will still be there, but in preware they will appear as not installed.

the best plan is to have them install and run save/restore to make it easier for you to recover anything that needs to be re-installed.
    Ok, thanks!

But does that mean that running the FirstUse app is all I essentially will need to do once I get my number to the Pre?

My goal is to avoid reapplying all the patches— but if I can't get a new profile, then I'm fine with reapplying…
    first use is all that will be needed to make calls. You will have to reinstall preware to add or remove patches, and install the save/restore app.
  5.    #5  
    Sounds easy enough.

Thanks for the information.