1.    #1  
    Can anyone help with this, it's driving me (and my family and friends) crazy?

Every so often the phone app on my Pre plus (webos 2.1) just hangs, but at different points. If it hangs at the end of a call, the "Ending" message won't disappear and while I can swipe the phone card off the screen to close it the call remains open. And then after a while I get *very* loud beeping through the speaker at which point it may freeze, but even if it doesn't i have to pull the battery anyway as I can't stop the beep (I suspect that's the carrier telling me to end the call).

Other times the phone app hangs just at the point i'm making a call and the other person can't hear me although I can hear them. When this happens pressing the screen usually results in a frozen ripple and I have to pull the battery again, but sometimes the phone app behaves normally and will hang up fine but the other person just gets silence. It can also happen when I receive a call but not as often. (This is the MOST annoying thing and has caused many arguments!).

I've also noticed that when I'm going through voice mail deleting old ones the phone app suddenly stops sending keytones so I can no longer delete or save and at that point I've got no choice but to restart, although when that happens I can usually do a normal software reset rather than a battery pull.

While I do have patches installed, these problems persisted after I doctored it with a clean installation, so I'm pretty sure it's no patch causing this.

It *only* happens in the phone app - I've not experienced a freeze with any of the other apps and they function perfectly (including SMS messaging)

The phone is insured but I'm pretty sure I'll be offered android or iphone to replace it as O2 have dropped the Pre entirely. Out of desperation I decided to buy a Pre 2 but that phone lasted only 4 days with similar problems with the phone app but it ultimately died with the touchscreen becoming totally unresponsive, though all that might just be a coincidence. And the store I bought it from is awaiting new stock so I'm stuck with this phone while i wait for a replacement.

Can anyone notice any telltale signs from the above and maybe a way to patch it up until I can get a new pre? I love webOS and I don't want to go to any other phone now but HP sure are making it difficult! I also don't want my love of webos to cause all my friends to desert me - although all my friends already believe webos to be a piece of ****** because of this. :-(

Thanks in advance!
    I've been getting this same problem on my Pre Plus running 2.1. I've got sconix's Advanced System Phone Prefs installed but it seems the same whether I uninstall it or turn various combinations of options in there off.

Sometimes when answering a call the phone app just disappears and the call is cut off with no record of it showing in the call log. Don't seem to get the problem when making calls, but I definitely get the problem ending calls whether they're incoming or outgoing.

I just get the ending message but the call doesn't end even if you close the phone app. Speaker/earpiece remains active, and so does the proximity sensor. Lately the keypad has been remaining active when on a call with the phone to my ear and I'm pressing numbers and making beeps with my ear lobe but I don't know if that's related. At one point I thought that putting the phone into aeroplane mode (or just turning off the phone radio) would get me out of the mess without having to reboot but I've realised that the situation persists when I turn the radio back on.

I've been trying to figure out a pattern for ages now, e.g. answering calls by varying means, but couldn't seem to find anything repeatable. But now my theory is that it's something to do with the lock screen as I have secure unlock set to work with a pin number. A couple of times when everything has worked as it should, there's been a hesitation at a point in the process following which the enter pin screen appears. My guess is that when the phone app is freezing, the pin screen has cut in but isn't visible.

I may be off the mark there but it's the only theory that I've not so far disproved. DaveyBoy, do you have secure unlock set?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I'm also having this problem with the phone app. At least once a day when I end a call it just hangs on ending call. App can be dismissed but the proximity sensor still thinks you are in a call and recalling the app still shows the ending call screen. Luna restart doesn't seem to fix the problem either it requires a full restart to get the phone app back to normal. Any info on this would be immensely appreciated. Using a VZW pre 2 with 2.1
    It might help to install Preset Reset: http://www.webosnation.com/preset-reset
    If you set Preset Reset to reboot the phone every night/morning while you're sleeping, it might help to keep it 'fresh' for while you're using it. I've also seen this happen with the Pre + running 2.1.
    I had this on my Pre+ with 2.1 and it annoyed the heck out of me. At the time, I was using Uberkernel with screenstate 250/800. I've now changed that to the preset screenstate profile of 500/800 and its working fine. Full compliment of sconix advanced patches installed.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    It might help to install Preset Reset: http://www.webosnation.com/preset-reset
    If you set Preset Reset to reboot the phone every night/morning while you're sleeping, it might help to keep it 'fresh' for while you're using it. I've also seen this happen with the Pre + running 2.1.
    I'll give that a try and test it out for the next week and report back. I used that on my last Pre+ but hadn't thought to use it on the Pre 2...crossing my fingers lol and thanks for the response.