Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i managed to make it work with another version of linux, but now i'm having some problems with webOS Doctor, at 56% it just stops saying "We were unable to reset your phone, please contact support." the phone remains in the recovery mode (the arrow with the chip), any guesses what i should do?
    Quote Originally Posted by alexxero View Post
    i managed to make it work with another version of linux, but now i'm having some problems with webOS Doctor, at 56% it just stops saying "We were unable to reset your phone, please contact support." the phone remains in the recovery mode (the arrow with the chip), any guesses what i should do?
    56%

Modem flashing is failing.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by peppermonkey View Post
    I just wanted to thank you all for all the help.
    I was able to get past the creation profile bit.
    Because the volume keys don't work (volume ribbon was cut) I went looking for a way to do without.
    I have a Linux box available so I just followed the OMAP boot procedure at www webos-internals org /wiki/Last_Resort_Emergency_BootLoader_Recovery which solved my problem of getting into Recovery mode. Sorry, not allowed to post url's yet as I don't have enough posts :P
    Very easy and straight forward though not as elegant as if my volume buttons worked
    In any case, gain, thanks for all the help, greatly appreciated
    Wait, I also have the same problem, but I get stuck when it talks about compiling. What did you do at that step?
    Goto Main Page - WebOS Internals, and search for NOVATOOL.
    Novatool should show CONNECTED when phone is plugged into USB.
    Press MEM BOOT under KERNEL ACTIONS to put phone in RECOVERY MODE.
    If the phone isn't in developer mode and " webos20090606 " can't be used because of screen issues, I believe WEBOS META DOCTOR can put a phone in that mode.
    NOVACOM may also be needed.
    If phone recovers, it probably a good idea to keep phone in developer mode.
    On a functioning phone, with TERMINAL installed, one could type, /sbin/tellbootie recover , at terminal's prompt for recovery mode.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12