Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    For the last month or so I have put up with the Palm Pre- and the "ghost tap" issue. The problem seems to persist for a while and then get better. Now it's back and the phone is almost unusable while the "ghost taps" persist. My wife has a Pixi-. Can someone explain to me how I would go about switching to the Pixi- from the Pre-? I assume I would need to make sure I have a good backup and then log out of the Pre? Have it activated on my account and then log into my Palm Profile? Does that sound correct? Any advice would help me out. Thanks.
    That is correct. But since you are moving from the pre to the pixi, just remember that some apps wont work on the pixi that you might have used on your pre.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Ahhh, Ok. Well thanks for the reply. I do love WebOS but it doesn't look like a new Pre will be coming to Sprint. So I will see if I can ride out my contract with the Pixi.
    That's a bummer about Sprint not going on with HP Pre.
    please check out my backup guide at The Definitive Guide to Backing up and Restoring your webOS Device | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net ... Should help you out a but. But as someone mentioned above, be aware that some apps will not transfer between pre and Pixi due to compatibility issues
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work: