Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By quiestbml
  1.    #1  
    I recently performed a frankenpre hack. I was left with all the parts of my Pre- sans the com chip, so I put the verizon chip in it.

By the way, you can detach the com chip from the antennas and stuff - just flip up a metal cover on the com chip and there's two connectors for the black and white wires. I haven't seen anyone do that yet, strange.

So anyways, left with the Sprint Pre- with the Verizon com chip, I did the following:

- Bypassed activation and made a new Palm Profile
    - Hid the phone app w/ Internalz Pro "visible": "false",
    - Uninstalled all the sprint apps, and Amazon MP3
    - Disabled the phone radio permanantly
    - Overclocked it to 720mhz (due to the battery saved by disabling radio)
    - Installed a bunch of nice patches
    - Installed IM+ for WebOS

Now it is a great music player and productivity device for my girlfriend, whose iPod touch was stolen!

Just an idea of what you can do with your old Pre-, frankenpre'ers!

Not only that, but if you download the $50 GPS app with on-device maps, you've got a fantastic GPS device for your car, for only fifty bucks!
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Actually I did disconnect the antenna from the com chip because my antenna was going bad. I dropped my pre- in some soup a year and a half ago and finally did the franken pre. So all I have is the pre- com board in the pre 2 shell with the verizon antenna. No problems at all on sprint.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyvt View Post
    Actually I did disconnect the antenna from the com chip because my antenna was going bad. I dropped my pre- in some soup a year and a half ago and finally did the franken pre. So all I have is the pre- com board in the pre 2 shell with the verizon antenna. No problems at all on sprint.
    Plus, that lets us use the better-condition (newer) pre2 antenna housing! The ones in my pre had gotten really dirty and scuffed up, as I had my phone buried in sand on the beach.