Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Because of the Google account on the Verizon Pre Plus, I am always showing as active or idle in my gmail account. The problem with that is other people in gmail on their computers think I am always 'on' or was just was and wonder why I dont reply immediately to their emails. Is there a way to stop this while still getting gmail on the phone or is that a stupid question?
    Pushing the Boundaries of Disorganization
    open your messaging app, and set your status to away or offline,
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    open your messaging app, and set your status to away or offline,
    I see no way to do that on the phone. If sign out of that Gchat on the computer, I can receive no IMs. I just want the ability to be "invisible" in Gmail on the computer. Because of being signed in on the phone, I get this message on the computer - "Oops! You are not invisible because you're logged into Google Talk from another client, device, or location that doesn't support invisibility."
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    bump

anyone?
    Get the "invisibility patch" for Messanging app. It's called "Sign in As Invisible in IM" =) This way you'll appear offline from that mobile device you're always logged in. Works great for me on MSN Messenger, should work on gmail chat too. Give it a try....
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chais Hernandez View Post
    Get the "invisibility patch" for Messanging app. It's called "Sign in As Invisible in IM" =) This way you'll appear offline from that mobile device you're always logged in. Works great for me on MSN Messenger, should work on gmail chat too. Give it a try....
    Are you referring to this? last post says it does not work with gchat.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2408934
    Yep....sorry my bad, didn't know for sure it wouldn't work out with gchat. Hope you find another way =)
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    The only way I can do it so far is just pull the battery and leave it off. I even changed my Gmail password on the phone to the wrong password so it cant login and even that doesnt work. Im surprised there isnt a workaround or patch that works.

EDIT: The password trick does work, just takes a while. And I love the constant reminders to fix my password. God, I hate this phone.
    Last edited by groupsix; 08/02/2011 at 09:16 AM.