1.    #1  
    Today I woke up to no emails. When I checked through the Gmail web site, I found that I had a bunch of new email. So I played with the email settings on my Pre and nothing I changed made my main Gmail email account work. I then tried to reinstall my main Gmail account, which kept failing and giving me an error message "Unable To Sign In - Unable To Conect To The Mail Server. Try Again Later". After hours, I gave up on it connecting. So I manually installed my main Gmail account and now I can't Send or Receive emails using the account. I can add my other Gmail account without any problems, just not my main one. Now I am thinking that it might be an issue with my Gmail account on the server side. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to fix it? Are there settings on the Gmail web site that I could change that would restore my main Gmail account back to the default settings that have worked up until today?

These are the settings that I used to manually install my main Gmail account, but these settings didn't work for me -

User Name:
    Something @ Gmail .com
    Email Type:
    POP
    Incoming:
    Pop.gmail.com
    Authentication:
    SSL
    Port:
    Outgoing:
    Smtp.gmail.com
    Authentication:
    SSL
    Port:

Next Settings Tried -

User Name:
    Something @ Gmail .com
    Email Type:
    IMAP
    Incoming:
    Imap.gmail.com
    Authentication:
    SSL
    Port:
    Outgoing:
    Smtp.gmail.com
    Authentication:
    SSL
    Port:

I could really use some help on this one. Everything I have tried has failed. So any help will be*appreciated.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Why are you configuring a generic IMAP or POP e-mail account and not a special Gmail account? I don't have my phone handy to get the exact menu titles/locations, but I seem to remember there being a choice at the first screen asking whether you wanted to configure a Gmail, Exchange, or generic e-mail account. I also remember a trick in an older version of WebOS where you could configure a Google calendar account and the Pre would make the Gmail account configuration at the same time.....
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    Mine did that too recently. Nothing seemed to work with Gmail. I doctored it then was able to erase the gmail account fully, then put in your IMAP settings the way u have em. Now its working again. Pain in the rear but didn't know what else to try....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    Why are you configuring a generic IMAP or POP e-mail account and not a special Gmail account? I don't have my phone handy to get the exact menu titles/locations, but I seem to remember there being a choice at the first screen asking whether you wanted to configure a Gmail, Exchange, or generic e-mail account. I also remember a trick in an older version of WebOS where you could configure a Google calendar account and the Pre would make the Gmail account configuration at the same time.....
    Using the Gmail account setup doesn't work at all. I just keep getting server and certificate errors. That is why I moved on to manually putting in the email settings, but that also doesn't work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I know I'm late coming to this thread, but my Gmail also stopped working all of a sudden. I deleted the account and re-added it, as this has worked in the past, but still no go. It syncs up with what's already in the inbox and other folders, but will not send or receive. I'm set up with IMAP. Anyone find a solution to this?

EDIT: Just tried again, now it won't even connect to the server.

EDIT2: Resolved. Required a full reboot, re-added the account and all is well.

thanks
    ron
    Last edited by ron2112; 09/13/2011 at 02:35 PM.