1.    #1  
    Looks like the radio went dead on my Verizon Pre+ phone. Could not connect to anything. Have been backing up daily to the USB section of the phone.

Used WebOS Doctor yesterday, thinking that might cure the problem. Got to the Palm Profile setup, then realized that the radio problem was hardware, not software. Got a replacement today. Went to transfer the files from the USB to my PC, but the phone just sits waiting for mr to get the Palm Profile complete.

Is there a way I can get past this so I can copy the files from the defective phone? My PC will not recognize the devise on the USB cable.

I realize that I should have transferred the files yesterday, if I could, before using the doctor.

All suggestions will be welcomed.
    There may be a better answer than what Im going to say, but you can deactivate your profile on your new phone (which might mean doctoring, i dont know) and reactivate it on your old one. Transfer the files and switch back. It would take time but if the files on your old phone are that important then you gotta do what you gotta do.
  3.    #3  
    I haven't been able to activate the old phone because it can't call out. The radio died. I can get to the window to do the activation, and when I enter the data the phone tries to call out, but cannot do anything. When I hit the phone icon in the lower right corner, I get the option to call out manually, but cannot get a connection.

The word "searching" shows continuously on the top bar. (Before I did the doctor on the defective phone, I had no indication of any phone or internet signal on the top bar. Could not communicate.

Is there a way to get past the profile sign-on window so that I can access the files in the USB section?
    Take a look at this. I'd post a link but you cant view it with 2 posts. Go to google, type in palm pre plus activation bypass tool. Click on the first link. Its a forum and the second post should be what you are looking for.
  5.    #5  
    Thanx for the info. Am trying to download the tool, but the download seems to hang at 16.7 of 25.5 MB.

Any suggestions?

I have also done a reboot of the old phone with the battery out, USB cable out, holding the volume up button. Managed to get the large USB icon on the screen, but the PC does not see the device.
    That icon you get on the screen is recovery mode. Not USB mode. So your PC doesnt recognize it as a drive. I think that activation bypass tool is what you need. If you cant get it there just search around. There should be other links somewhere. If I find any, I will let you know.
  7.    #7  
    Thanx for the clarification.

Will keep looking.
  8.    #8  
    jsgraphicart, thanx for your help.

Was able to download the recovery tool on my home PC and recover the data.

It took less than a minute to download at home. It took 5 hours to download at work.

Now to load all the homebrew apps.

Thanx very much. You made a big difference.

John
    In case you dont see it on the front page there was just a tip from precentral on this.