1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

I'm running my Pre- on 2.1. It is overclocked to 500/1ghz using Uberkernel and Govnah.

Are there any other patches to help improve performance? I've seen a "system muffling" patch, would that help my phone?

My phone runs pretty well, the only issue I've run into is when I take a picture. The camera is slow to load sometimes. Or after I take a picture it takes a while for the camera to reload in order for me to take another picture.

I know I'm pushing my Pre- beyond what it was originally intended but any tips you can provide to help me push the envelope will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Yeah I'd like to know of some good patches that could help. I am having a lot of issues with 2.1 on this phone.... so much so I am about to just say screw it all and get a new one lol.
    rollback to 1.4.5 = breath of fresh air for pre-. we ended up doing that in our family. Pre+ and Pre2 can handle 2.1.0 but pre- can't
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    rollback to 1.4.5 = breath of fresh air for pre-. we ended up doing that in our family. Pre+ and Pre2 can handle 2.1.0 but pre- can't
    Is there a guide to it? Or something special that I have to have in mind before I go down with the version?
    Actually there is a thread that looks like some are getting good performance out of a pre-@2.1.
    But I think you need courage and some linux knowledge atm.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ap-memory.html
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Actually there is a thread that looks like some are getting good performance out of a .
    But I think you need courage and some linux knowledge atm.
    My post takes you to the page on the WebOS Internals wiki that was summarized with information from that thread.
  8.    #8  
    I followed the instructions listed on this page. I did not do the advanced hacks, but pretty much everything else. It is running really nice!! My camera is still kinda glitchy. No big deal for me as I'm getting so much more by running 2.1.

Launches moves fast, scrolling is smooth and freezing/slow response has been pretty minimal. Thanks Jakeeeee for the link!