Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Hey everyone,

I've only had my Pre Plus (Verizon, wifi only) a week or two and for the most part I'm happy. There's a small problem I'm having, however. I use it before I go to bed a lot and it seems every time I drop it, it does a full restart. Granted, I've put 2.1.0 on it and overclocked the processor to 1GHz via Uberkernel...so I might be asking for it...but is this normal? Its not the worst thing in the world, but it can get annoying...anyone else have this issue? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks

-Mike
    had the same issue. in my case the battery had too much play. i just increased pressure to the connectors by inserting a small piece of cardboard on the opposite side of the connectors of the battery.
    I'm pretty sure it's a failsafe.
    As heino said: Probably the battery loosing contact.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thanks, I'll try the cardboard idea and see if that works.

I don't think it's a failsafe because I'm only dropping it a few inches from above me while laying down.
    definitely just the battery losing contact on impact. No big deal unless it does it when you snap the slider closed.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Now that you mention it, that has happened! I didn't even connect the dots that it was the same issue. It's still under hardware warranty, do you think HP would replace it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtmjr90 View Post
    Now that you mention it, that has happened! I didn't even connect the dots that it was the same issue. It's still under hardware warranty, do you think HP would replace it?
    Prolly not. I added some rubber into the door of my Pre-. That worked great! 3M makes it. On one side it's sticky! You can get it at your local drug store. Hope this helps some!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    people are still buying pre+ ?
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    It's a Wi-Fi only plaything. Wanted to try out webOS and it was cheap off-contract